When you say "you're special" do you actually mean it?

When you say it to someone on a date that he or she is special and different from others, do you really mean it honestly? Or you say it to like 4 out of 5 people?

101

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually don't say it unless I mean it.

What Girls Said 9

• I've never told someone that I thought they are special and didn't mean it. I always mean it when I say stuff like that.

• I've never said that before, but I've had it said to me. I hate when people say that. Like I'm not special, my life isn't important or relevant. If I wasn't me nothing would matter, so just stop.

• I try to say those things, when I feel. I don't push or feel pressed to say. I wait till the right time comes.

• I don't date people I don't find special. I might mention it because I want to make them feel special. :)

• I personally believe when you say someone is special you better damn well believe it yourself. Its a good thing for people with a unique talent, a friend, or to call someone you love. Otherwise it is probably being misused

• Honestly if you aren't special to me I could give a fuck less if I make you feel special. And I wouldn't waste my breath with all the flattery.

• "I said what I meant and I meant what I said."
    -Dr. Seuss

• well you're obviously special if you're on a date with that person.

• I will be honest.

Sometimes I meant it sometimes I don't.

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah, I' the kind of person where if I say that, then I absolutely mean it. For me, it means a lot, and it's a rather large leap of faith for me to tell that to someone; to call someone special is special in itself.