So is it possible to get a girlfriend if you have low self esteem?

OK supposedly I look good I don't believe my whole life growing up I have been called ugly, repulsive and I'm starting to wonder if my mindset on this will change and if it doesn't will it still be possible to find a girl

Most Helpful Girl

• yes, but you can't expect the girl to make you feel secure. you say "supposedly" your hot? why do u say that? obviously someone has told you that and u chose not to believe them. u need to but aside some negative remarks that were probably made by insecure idiots and realize that probably a large majority of people would agree that you are attractive. I once dated a guy who was so insecure. he was super hot but he didn't think so. I was constantly having to reassure him and it got tiring. it seemed like no matter what I said or did , he wouldn't believe me. he always pointed out something he didn't like about him self. a relationship should be give and take. will being a relationship really change your self esteem? or will you always be wondering if she really likes u or not. you need to be secure within yourself. I was teased a lot through middle school about my nose and for the longest time I felt so bad about myself. but my "flaws" are what make me unique. I don't care what people say or think anymore. if they think im "ugly" then I really don't need them in my life. and once I changed my attitude, a lot more guys started to ask me out. instead of looking like I was some sad little person I came across as confident and what not attractive about confidence? (not to be mistaken with cockiness)

What Girls Said 5

• Yes... the last guy I fell in love with had a lot of insecurities. I didn't even know this till the first night we were sleeping over and he revealed some of his insecurities to me. It didn't change how I felt about him.

• You could, but it would be a huge mistake.
    How could you convince someone else to love you if you can't even love yourself?

• It's possible. If the girl has to constantly heighten your self-esteem, it won't last long.

• Yes, but girls whom don't understand stand why you have these insecurities might get a little frustrated, but only a little. It's important that you take compliments from her and don't say anything negative about yourself in response. No matter how you feel just take it.

• If you watch Love Guru, he says you can't love someone else until you love yourself :P lol, im sure someone else has said it before, but it was just funny during love guru...

What Guys Said 2

• No, even girls with low self-esteem are turned off by men with low self-esteem. -_-

• odds will be against that