I feel ready to date again. Where can I meet guys?

I'm divorced and I've long since been beyond that. But on a personal level, I've learned so much about myself and I'm truly an individual in this world.
I want to open my heart to someone. I'm not in any rush. I'd be happy with casual dating.

I have NO guy's numbers. I used to attract so many guys in my early 20's but I was also hanging out places like bars and the like. Now it's different. It just is in your late 20's.

I was thinking of going to church (not to meet guys, though!!) but I think most that go to my church are elderly or couples.

I work for 2 older people. Zero chances at work.

Never meet new people in my circle of friends. Everyone is female or lesbian, I swear. I just went to a party and it was 3 girls, 3 lesbians and a gay guy. I had to laugh to myself that I knew hardly anyone but there were no chances there for a connection!

What can I do or join?

Thanks all, I really appreciate the suggestions. I think I could see myself taking a class as I have at least somewhat consider getting a new job... definitely trying to think of things that could help me one way and meeting someone would be a +!

Most Helpful Guy

• Well one thing to take into consideration is whether you have a child. If not then you are just single and looking then you have some options. Though I have heard that parents without partners is almost like a therapy group than a meeting place. Though its something to consider. Another thing to do is look around and see if there are gatherings of people who share your interests.

Internet dating is about as hit or miss as the real world, if not more so. Honestly I think a lot of the people that dont leave the house trawl those sites. Sadly I've met some really socially inept people, or worse, some really screwed up, runaway screaming type people.

Also think about taking classes, further your education and maybe you can meet someone that way. Also I agree with the suggestion about asking your friends if they know any guys that are single, sweet and looking. Though I tend to avoid that because if things go badly there could be drama. But if someone is willing to play matchmaker they have to take that chance.

Above all else be yourself. I refuse to go to any religious anything for meeting people.
    Just take your time and life will take you where it does.

What Guys Said 6

• This might be what you're looking for

"I’ve been single for a while and after a long time of needing space for myself, I’ve been feeling ready to let love in, but I don’t know where to start or where to look. I’m passed that phase of my life of going out and partying and meeting people that way and just don’t know how I will meet anyone."

Answered Here
    relationshipsrevealed.com.au/.../

• Agreed the social options would have narrowed or redefined themselves in your 20's, but i wouldn't think that much. I'm glad you discarded work for whatever reason. Never date a co-worker. One thing i read between the lines is that since you were married you are aware of all the pratfalls and benefits of a committed relationship. Going anywhere overtly social such as a bar and meeting people is always going to be a matter of starting off from scratch.

i don't know if you live in the states or not, but here we have a group called 'Parents without Partners'. I know you mentioned no children, but i believe they are a bit flexible in whom the allow to visit. Either way, they or someone else could put you in touch with a similar group, maybe one geared toward women re-entering the dating scene as you are. Of course you realize that a lot of people there will be using the group as as a meeting scene, but i'm fairly sure there are monitors there who will cool all jets, whether male of female, and keep the focus on your situations.

• Meet them on GaG there's plenty here.

• Church relationships seem to be more fulfilling and long lasting that say the bar seen.

• Well you can start here lol
    You use Skype or kik we can chat lol

• You should not ask as Anonymous, Maybe you found someone here, So post it with your ID.

What Girls Said 1

• why not you ask your friends to include u for any social events they are attending?

if you want decent guys, please avoid bar