Would you have a problem if the person you were dating had a best friend of the opposite sex?

My best friend is a guy. We've known each other for a couple of years now, and we first met when we both worked at the same store. We're close enough that people are constantly asking if we're dating, but we definitely never have, and I'm pretty darn sure we never will. He's like a brother to me. I tall to him about everything, and he does the same with me.
But if the person you were dating had a relationship like that with their best friend of the opposite sex, would it bother you?

Most Helpful Girl

• My best friend from where I grew up is a guy. After knowing each other for like ten years you'd think if we were into each other we'd probably just be together so I don't see the problem.

If my boyfriend's best friend was a girl that's all good for the same reason.

What Guys Said 2

• Not at all. I wouldn't start a serious relationship with someone I didn't trust. Also, I'm not a very jealous person. Super jealous people bug me a bit. I have a tendency of helping them not be as jealous.

• A friend no, an intimin friend yes.

What Girls Said 3

• yeah, i wouldn't like it.

• Considering that one of my closest friends is a guy, I'd have no right to be upset lol.

• His best friend is my best friend. Those are the rules. LOL... jk