If you could give the person you are newly dating a lie detector test would you?

So here is the questions...

Women AND Men:
If you had the opportunity to give the man or woman you are interested in dating or newly dating a lie detector test, consisting of three to four questions, would you?

IF YES, COMMENT THE QUESTIONS.

• Yes! I would hook them up to a lie detector.
  • No. I would trust them at their word with everything.
  • No. I wouldn't want to seem crazy - but it'd be nice.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, because it's a bullshit science for one. And for another, it's like saying " I think you're a lying scumbag"

And I wouldn't date a lying scumbag or anyone I thought was a lying scumbag, so... yeah, I don't need a lie detector test.

Basically, I'm not a paranoid insecure nut job and I trust the people I date. Fuck me, right?

What Guys Said 14

• I suppose. I mean, if it were free, I had a few moments to spare, and she wouldn't hold it against me, why not? Otherwise no.

Questions I would ask:
    1) Do you often find yourself worrying excessively over things you can not control?
    2) Is there anything about me that you would change?
    3) Does the idea of an hour long 69 every day and night interest you?
    4) Do you like taking it in the butt?

• The polygraph test is a sham. People cheat it all the time. I personally know a few cops that lied about their drug use and got through it OK. Other military guys I know tell us how they teach you how to evade the polygraph during training.

The polygraph is a load of shit; don't let the cops or anyone else intimidate you into believing it's anything more than that.

• yup that's why they can't use a polygraph in a court case. its not 100% full-proof.

• I find it funny that men are more trusting than women according to your poll. You know what they say about that... women are worried because they have a guilty conscience.

• 3:6 right now.. give a little time. Hopefully a female will surprise you. :)

• I voted C... it would be fun but than I would do the same: she would be allowed to check me out as well!

• If someone is that into lying you can find out pretty quickly generally, they seem fairly accurate but not 100% so probably not, plus it would be insanely awkward to ask.

• I'd hook you up just to ask some really random and uncomfortable questions (O_O) Haha. :)

Good morning.

• I would just ask you some haha.

• no. I don't think that's how trust is built so I wouldn't want to use it. I also don't know that I could rely on it based on the science used for it

• I'd only do it as a for fun thing, and she'd do me next. The idea being not to ask sensitive questions but have fun with it.

I wouldn't in the paranoid "is she lying to me" way.

*Do me as in hook me up to the lie detector after.

• Lie detectors are not always accurate. Their data is not admissible in a courtroom.
    Secondly this sounds like a relationship not based on trust but under suspicion. Who wants to begin like that?

• NOOO I wouldn't:P I like to leave a lot to mystery!

• Nah. The truth comes out. The smarter you are the faster it comes out. Why ruin the game with a clumsy, inaccurate antiquated machine?

• No I would be offended

• If it was mutual and each person went back and forth with question it could be interesting. But I'd have to make it a "play" session. I could never do it seriously. Its also a bullshit science.

• I wouldn't.. that sounds crazy.

• oh wow...
    Do you have to inject me with the Russian interrogation truth serum too?

• No, why would anyone do that weird stuff in relationships that are based on trust?

What Girls Said 5

• No, I wouldn't. Or if we did, it would just be silly/fun questions. I wouldn't get serious about it. I think that'd be too invasive and sends the message that I already don't trust him, when that's not true. He has it until he breaks it. Anyway, they're not that accurate, so there's that.

• Yes please I am curious to find out

• I really want to know some stuff sometimes but that shows a lack of trust so no o couldn't do it

• NEWLY dating? probably not, there wouldn't be anything to find out unless perhaps an STD maybe?

• No, I wouldn't. No guy will ever cheat on me. Me so beautiful.