Is my relationship worth saving?

I'm very busy with school and will be entering med school in the near future. Performing well is very important to me and essential as I have a very competitive major.

My boyfriend has become upset with me because I cannot always go out and spend time with him. Yes we still spend time together, but I'm just not always available when it's convenient for him. If I have a lot of work, of course I pick school first.

Sometimes I have to cancel dates because of my busy schedule, and he always blows up, but when he needs to cancel he acts like it's not a big deal.

He told me that"until (I'm) available to do whatever whenever, there's no point in having a relationship."

Is it worth it? (He is out of school and works)

Most Helpful Guy

• move on if he can't understand that school is important to you and your future he doesn't need to be a part of your life. I am a college student as well and it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to be sucessful.

What Guys Said 2

• You're in a very competitive major. It isn't about him, it's about you. If he's worth keeping, he will understand that things aren't always about him. And after what he said, it's clear that he has no respect for you as a person. It's all about what he wants, not what you want.

Do you really want someone like that?

• Don't ever let anyone stop you from pursuing your dreams. If he's got a problem with you doing that, he's not worth it anyway.

What Girls Said 1

• Dump him. If you go to med school you will be saving people's lives. Nothing is more important than your medical career. NOTHING!!! My friend told me that only 5% of biology students get into med school. If you don't put in your very very best - you will get in so don't put anything in front of your career.