When you guys say that you're busy on a day we're supposed to hang out...

ARE YOU ACTUALLY BUSY!?

why do guys use that excuse? uncertainty? or are you testing the girl to see if she's interested, etc?

this guy asked me to hang out last week but then said he was too busy and listed a bunch of stuff to do. he apologized that he didn't get it done on time, then when all I said was "okay that's alright" he said "hmm well how bored are you? maybe you can come down here anyway. if you don't want to, ill just do work instead ha"

Most Helpful Girl

• Sorry hun but I kind of agree with the guys on this one. I have blown off pleanty of guys by saying that I couldn't hang out cause I suddenly got really "busy". I would make up that I was called into work, or stuck at work. And maybe goes as far as I needed to babysit for my friend because she had an emergency all because the guy was becoming crazy. For example, this one guy would text me non-stop about how happy he was that we were going to hang out at the end of the week. So, one text like that is cool and a text saying how was your day is nice but a million texts that make it seem like we are already dating is really crazy and creeps me out. So, I just lie usually. If you are texting him and trying to get in touch with him all the time stop and let him wonder what happened to you. I bet he will ask to hang out again.

BUT I will say give him the benifit of the doubt for a day or two and if you hear from him to reschedule then that's really good! If you don't then ehhh don't stress it he wasn't that in to you I guess. But I hope you aren't texting him all the time. Guys really don't like that. I am guilty of doing it as well lol.

Hope it works out for you!

• Haha I understand! I try to let them text me first... even though sometimes that's tough haha. but the thing about this is that it was the first time that he and I were going to hang out. he asked me on a monday to hang out on wednesday and then he said he was busy.. so its not like I could be "crazy" in his mind yet.. at least hopefully not

• Lol I hear yaaa well I hope he's not blowing you off!! Like I said give him the benifit of the doubt for a couple of days and if he doesn't then whatever with him. Good luck!!

What Guys Said 3

• most of the time yes. Unless we discover your bat-sh*t crazy, then we will always be busy...and boy ohhhhh boy...busy can take on a lot of different shapes. If a girl is crazy I will be busy drinking coffee., busy watching tv...busy doing anything but hanging out with her.

• Well, the thing about this is that it was the first time that he and I were going to hang out. he asked me on a monday to hango ut on wednesday and then he said he was busy.. so its not like I could be "crazy" in his mind yet

• Well it is possible that he's just busy. I don't think you have come up as a blip on the crazy-dar just yet. However, just take it easy and I'm sure things will work themselves out. Go slowly. In this situation, I normally associate strikes in baseball to making plans with a new person. I will make 3 attempts...if they flake on all 3, I'm out and on to the next. - j

• Not really, we just either have something else more fun come up, or we just don't feel like hanging out with you.

• maybe he was busy and try to make it up for you by asking you to come over.

What Girls Said 0