Is this a turnoff to girls?

Is a guy who is an extremely passionate sports fan (like smashing shit when the Yankees lose) less attractive to the average girl?

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha Im the same, well I try not to be now, older so I try to be calmer you know, but sometimes it's hard lol. After I broke my ps3 it was a wake up call lol.
    I once dated a guy who was passionate about his team to, which was my teams rival, we broke up because it caused too many arguments between us lol.
    Most people think you're nuts if you're like that, and you should try calm down a little in general, not just with sports, being mad isn't really fun. and you'd definitely need to find a girl who supports the same team.

What Girls Said 14

• violence is a huge turn off for me no matter what its over, i dont want my things smashed up because some fan can't control his temper when things dont go his way. itd make me feel unsafe around them because who knows if theyd lose their temper and lash out at me or a potential child if we made them angry too

• I like a guy who likes sports since I'm a fan myself. But yeah, losing your shit over a loss for your team is ridiculous. It's immature and shows that you cannot control your emotions or reactions to things. Basically you're throwing a temper tantrum. I don't want to be with a guy like that - TOTAL turnoff.

• Yes, not because you're a passionate sports fan but because to me that shows you dint have control over your emotions and reminds me of a tantrum

• If he smashed things when a sports team lost, then yes, I wouldn't be attracted to him. It's just an aggressive action and it'd be intimidating, I wouldn't feel safe around him if he did things like that. One of my friends did things like that when he was angry (including when he was angry at me, when he punched the locker next to my head) and it ruined our friendship because I couldn't get comfortable around him. I wouldn't be able to be in a relationship with someone like that.

• I'm a sports fan, but losing your shit when your team loses is not attractive. There's a difference between passionate and insane. Passionate is screaming at the TV, whooping when your team wins or cursing when they lose. Insane is those people you see who pick fights with the opposite team's fans or who riot in the streets after a loss in the playoffs.

• As long as you do not run over a person who is obsessed with the other team - I think you are perfectly fine and yes, there was an incident where a woman ran over a kid because he said some team sucks that she was proud of...

• Yes, that is unattractive to me.

• Not necessarily. I like it when a guy is passionate about something whatever it might be (as long as it isn't something illegal or creepy) even if I am not interested in the same thing. However, I'd much prefer that he was obsessed with something like music so that we could share that passion together.

• I like sports, like football and soccer. Find basketball too repetitious and geared toward tall guys. I definitely don't care for fanatical fans. Dudes... it's just a game, that's it.

• Not at all, I actually think it's attractive if guys are into sports. It's even better when we like the sae team, cause then we can smash shit up together :D

• Yes definitely unattractive.

• I find it ridiculous. So yes, huge turnoff.

• Not to me :) but if he breaks my stuff then he'll get put out -_-

• I like when guys are into sports but like smashing things up just shows a bit of aggresion which is scary... might scare the girl away x

What Guys Said 2

• Losing your cool over anything is a turn off to most girls. I'm a passionate sports fan, but I see no reason to break shit when my team loses.

• I think smashing shit is a little more than passion haha.