Hi everyone,This is my first time posting and need help deciding if this guy's a dud?

I have been dating a 46 year-old male attorney for 15 months who spends 5-6 nights a week at my house.
He shops for food somewhat regularly (couple bags at a time), but has not contributed to rent at all. He has paid a couple power bills but that's it. (He still maintains his own rental) I lost my job last October and have been living on my savings. I am pretty traditional and feel like he should be showing me that he can be the provider. He says he wants to marry me too.
I know he still has school loans and doesn't make much money. He doesn't wine and dine me whatsoever.
Do you all think he's just mooching? Am I being taken?

• dump him?
  • wait and see?
Does anyone have any advice?
Guys, what do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Dump him. I'd understand if he were younger, he could be experiencing some difficulties in growing financially wise and that's understandable. But a man that age, if he weren't mooching, he would try his best to support you as best as he can because men feel powerful and manly when they can support a woman. You need to get rid of him because he is just blocking your ways. If you two don't go out and have a good time, preferably romantic dinners now and then, he probably doesn't even like you. Someone who did like you wouldn't treat you this way and you deserve better. So please, send him packing and change your lock.

What Guys Said 2

• A 46 yr old man with zero sense of responsibilities? Its a shame.
    Dump him.

• Fifteen months and no commitment? Why do you keep him around? Dump his ass and find
    someone who appreciates you and will treat you decently. It won't get any better.

What Girls Said 2

• I say tell him how you feel, if he doesn't step up and help out more then dump him!

• MY MOM'S BABY DADDY WAS LIKE THAT AND NOW HE'S HOMLESS AND HAS JUST HIS HEAD STICKING OUT OF THE GRAVE FROM DRUGS AND BEING A DIABETIC AND A LOT OF OTHER STUFF
    'SHE GOT ANOTHER ONE THAT DID THE SAME THING AND ENDED UP NEVER PAYING FOR ANYTHING
    WISH SHE hadn't GOT THEIR NAME TATOOED BEFORE SHE CUT IT OFF DUM DUMM