Why women prefer masculine men than metrosexual men in these days? That's ridiculous?

Although many complain that women like metrosexual men these days, i see the opposite. Most of the guys women dating are ugly masculine men with hairy arms, legs, etc they have thick beards and they're tall and muscular. they just look and behave like a dad. that's disgusting and it makes me want to puke. they're not beautiful. masculine men look more like APES than humans... yes APES. what is wrong with girls anyway?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like masculine men. They're usually real assholes.

• YESSSSSSSSSSS

• @cr4yv3n how are you sure?

• Women always say something and do another. The only way to know what they really mean is watch their actions not hear their words.
      Words are cheap.

What Girls Said 19

• Girls are not guys. We are attracted to POWER first and foremost, like you are attracted to BEAUTY first and foremost. There's no mystery there. Women are attracted to perceived power in a guy when they look at him. That's why they'll rate you unattractive wearing jeans and shirt, but attractive wearing a suit.

A guy who is rugged and "manly looking" seems stronger and more capable, like a guy you can rely on, who can protect you, a guy no one can mess with. A guy who cares more about function than style.
    This as opposed to a guy who looks like he spent 5 hours in front of a mirror. Ew. -_-

This question would be similar to a girl asking: "Why aren't guys attracted to my huge muscles, but instead go for those pathetic scrawny bitches?"

PS. There will be exceptions. There are girls out there who want feminine men. If you can't change your style, just look harder.

• what are you talking about? i like women to be stronger than me. after all i['m weak and proud. you sound too romantic and i hate romanticism.

• ME? ASHAMED? MWAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH i don't give a shit about "softness" in women in fact, and yes i'm proudly weak and i don't describe myself as a "man"... don't make me laugh. i describe myself as a "wimpy whore" that can be beaten to a pulp if i get in hands with a woman.

wake up my friend, world isn't such romantic as you think it is. you sound totally romantic that "woman's strength is in resilience, patience, etc"... BULLSHIT. and you know what? i hate romantisism as hell, it makes me SICK. world would be BORING if people were thinking like you... i'll brand you as a "romantic fool" wether you like it or not

• And I'll brand you a retard whether you like it, or not. ^^

• a "masculine" men doesn't mean that he doesn't groom at all. masculinity is not all about body hair. A guy can have no body hair and still be masculine.

in my book, a metrosexual man is one who takes care of every little detail, to the point where he does things that usually only girls do, like waxing their eyebrows (not because of a unibrow, but to shape it). always has perfectly styled hair, as if even a tornado can't ruffle it.

that's too much of attention to detail for me. a guy like that would most likely be a perfectionist and expects his gf to be as perfect as he is.

I'm more attracted to a guy who is secure with his masculinity, as in he doesn't need body hair to feel masculine. nor does he need to act all macho and tough all the time. but perfectionists usually grinds my nerves.

• i shave my eyebrows

• why everyone talks about paleolithic age when we live at the age of technology? i find this stupid... people today don't hunt

• yes but we evolved from there. It's just a subconscious thing.

• I am a woman. I want a man. Not some mixture of male/female. MAN. Man. Man. Man. The end.

• I like rough manly men but they don't need to have a lot of body hair

if I wanted a metro feminine partner I'd date a girl

• why women don't want the man to be weaker than them? it's very rare to see a woman wanting to be stronger than her man :-/

• I don't want a guy who is a pseudo-female or androgynous, or who uses more hair and beauty products than I do. I want a MAN.

• Dude, seriously. Go get a sex change. Seems like you want to be a woman.

• I have an extensive background in martial arts. I'll break you in half like a pencil since you always go on about how weak you are and shit.

• !!! oh my blood went cold now... of course i didn't mean to the point to leave me dead :P

• Because I'm attracted to men, not boys who like to dress like gay guys and who use more cosmetic products than women.

• I love guys to be bigger, taller, stronger, and hairier than myself. I like guys to be able to rock the facial hair. You're right, they're not beautiful, they're masculine and downright sexy in my opinion as long as they've got a handsome face.

I absolutely cannot date someone shorter or thinner than I am, and he really shouldn't be weaker either. That's just my opinion, but there are females who greatly disagree.

• i hope so (about the disagreeing thing)

• prostitues excist as well dude

• Then go for prostitutes, but some guys like the men I mentioned have certain morals and values that they stick to.

• I LOVE masculine men, but I also like a guy who knows how to take care of himself. There's nothing wrong with a guy being hairy.

• he looks like an ape

• that doesn't mean i don't have the right to express my opinion if someone is attractive or not... correct?

• Everyone has a right to their opinion, but your opinion pretty much holds no weight within this field.

• i like guys who can complement me, i love masculine men :)

• i dont like metrosexual men.. shaving is for women ONLY. plus your beauty won't protect me when somebody hurt me.

• it's very SAD to hear that rom a girl who's under 18. those are things that your grandparents believed in. Protection and stuff like that are BULLSHIT

• @MyUsernameRules i love reaaally tall guys but 5'8" is fine. you are not short.

• Oops meant to upvote of course.

• Here you go again shitting on other people's preferences

• are you following me? lol

• you know what would i do if i was director? i would film a movie or a TV series where ALL couples would be tall Amazon women with little wimpy guys. that's what i'd do to show people that it's normal and not ridiculous

• Us women go out of our way to stay good-looking, from lotions, to waxing, healthy dieting to maintaining our teeth white. I think we appreciate the same in a guy. It is only fair and right to take care of yourself. A person that lets himself go is not himself anymore. People don't have to look like models, just healthy and going to work out a few times a week. Manly men are more attractive than a wuss.

• Whoa I do not find guys like that attractive, I like guys who have kinda the tall, thin look with no beard and not nessersarily body hair all over

• You're going to judge their entire relationship based on his physical features?

Wow is all I have to say hahah!

There is also nothing wrong with those women.

• Because I like men to be taller and bigger than me.

• Just reading through these comments of yours and you are a fucking idiot. It's not your scrawny, girly body that women don't like.. it's your shitty personality.. believe me.

• shitty? why? because i dislike masculine men?

• Masculine is manly, not unkempt and bad looking. Some of the hottest guys I know, look great and are very masculine. Masculinity is handsome, not ugly. I think you've got something twisted there.

• i view most girls as perverts then who like guys who look more like apes than human

• Well, good luck attracting your pre pubescent girls and undercover lesbians who want a feminine man so they don't need to come out the closet yet.

• and good luck to you attracting apes :P

• I rather like a mixture of the two. A guy who looks after themselves, styles their hair and dresses well shouldn't have to come under the metrosexual umbrella but apparently it does. I look for someone with not exactly a masculine face with no attractive elements but nothing super young looking (or else I'm reminded of friends).
    Being interested in arts and films and the like really shouldn't be seen as a 'feminine' thing for guys either. But on the whole I personally prefer someone with a bit of character than the stereotypical manly man.

• Looks like someone is jealous of the masculine men...
    So what if girls like guys that are tall , well-built, got good facial hair etc
    They may seem ugly to you but to other girls I've seen / know myself included that is attractive to us , sorry hun nobody gonna run after ur skinny ass while there is masculine men as an option. they're looking for MEN not BOYS !

• ME? JEALOUS? MWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• still i'm an adult

• LOL spot on about that jealous thing !!!

What Guys Said 28

• Perhaps some women want to date guys who look like guys, not hairy women.

As for behaving like a dad, do you mean behaving like a man? Because there's dads, then there's little boys in big bodies. Dads aren't little bitch boys playing at being tall bros. They're mature, got-their-shit-together adult men.

Feel free to keep dating your little brother's friends. Or your little brother's girlfriends. Women are pretty much the opposite of what you've admitted to greatly disliking. Many are quite beautiful, which is again, what you said you're after.

• Masculine and feminine together make the best of both worlds. They go hand in hand. A masculine guy wouldn't want to date someone that made him feel like he was dating another man. So it makes perfect sense for a girl to not be interested in a metrosexual. Girls liking masculine men makes sense.

• boooooooring. if every couple was like that they world would be a boring puke

• Your trolling is getting more and more obvious. It's not even fun anymore,

• 4|3
  • No, it is not ridiculous. It is an entirely natural preference. Think in terms of evolutionary biology.
    Not long ago (in evolutionary terms) the woman who chose the best hunter and strongest warrior survived. Her offspring were more likely to survive. Women who chose metrosexual girlymen were less likely to survive and, therefore, less likely to pass on their genes. The result is that over millions of years the preference for manly men became hard wired into the female brain.
    A woman who chooses a metrosexual is, therefore, speaking in evolutionary terms, making a poor decision.

• so that comes from a man who states that he is "old-fashioned" and has this stupid portraid with the man who's dressed like a ridiculous idiot from the 40s. so i've got only 2 words to say...

FUCK OFF!!!

• at least i'm not old-fashioned just like you... people like you make me SICK

• Am also confident that our paths will not cross at international meetings of military veterans' organisations, or martial arts gatherings. You would never be man enough to wear a uniform. You are a pathetic punk.

• Metrosexuality is interesting. I'm not a masculine male at all, and I apply two products on my hair because I find hair to be fairly important, but other than that, I don't really start shaving my legs and waxing my eyelids, using makeup and all that. I'll leave that whoever wants to do that, but it seems unnecessary.

As for why females find the hairy thingy attractive, probably for the same reason why others find the hairless thingy attractive. You can't really box in preferences.

• hi:) sounds like you leave that option open for now^^

• I don't feel like shaving it, that's a bit too much. I just want to trim it.

• Yeah, but not a major difference there. Still not convincing.

• 3|3
  • Perhaps they're attractive to what they don't have themselves
    it could be the cause of many things, perhaps they see
    their father in them? (or a father figure, if you will).

You could just try to find the mid-way, a place where
    you're content with how you look, but still look masculine? ^.^

• Do you have tickets for musical theater tonight?

• Just like guys prefer feminine girls, girls prefer masculine guys. If you look in the animal kingdom, only the strongest males who are seen as superior by the females get to mate through fighting other males and bringing in meat. It's all nature.

• What's the down vote for? Whoever you are?

• That's not going to get you that many girls' attention.

• i don't give a shit about that. after all i'm going only with prostitutes.

• Dude stop.

• I suppose girls like guys that look feminine. Like antoine dodson

• yeah but you state in your profile "old-fashioned"

• Do whatever you want. Consider a sex change if you are so inclined to love being a female

• Haha you again, go and listen to your Justin Bieber cd or something.

• Most straight women prefer masculine men for the same reason that most straight men prefer feminine women: they're complementary, attractive features.

• Haha. Maybe they don't feel like dating a man who has more hair and skin products than they do.

• they don't want to be jealous of him eh? lol

• Altho I love how you insult short chicks and shit. lmaooo and those other funny questions lol

Chicks are really same for everyone, Muscular, Skinny, Tall, Short, Midget, Giants, Nerds, Jocks. They would like everything you make em like lol srs. Some go for radicliffe, Some are Bieber believers, Some go for Taylor lauytner lol. can't blame them, You just gotta find a type that goes for you

• What in the blue moon is a 'Meterosexual'?

• Being metro goes way beyond just taking care of your appearance. You can be masculine and do that, too. Metro guys wax, pluck, get facials, pedicures, manicures, etc.

• Oh dear, oh dear.

• A metro like you trying to act as a bad boy^^

• i may be physically weak but i have no problem insulting "muscular" "masculine" guys like you

• Plume, it would not sporting. It would be pest control. I have a particular loathing for smart-mouthed ignorant girlymen in their effeminate skinny pants. The Asker is one such creature. The Army used to pay me to kill better than him.

• most girls I know prefer the pretty boy

• Women will like whatever you tell them to like

• The contradictions of feminism are hilarious.
    "Equality, equality ... but ewwwww...you "equal man" are now undesirable.. i'm going to date this brutish hulk who drags me by the hair in the cave" :D

• I hear you loud and clear dude. It looks as though most women will date a primitive man over a man that is more refined. It's goes for how a man acts too, not just how they look.

I was out not too long ago and saw an older couple, and for her age she was a beautiful woman, but her husband really seemed like an idiot. Loud, profanities ever other word and he just would not shut up, like he was trying to be the big man at the bar. It really made him look bad.

I hate that, and I really dislike how some women go for that sort of thing. It was hard for me to believe that she has probably put up with him for a fairly long while too lol. Like you'd think it would register in her head after a little while that, wow, this guy is kind of a dick haha.

• Why women should prefer metrosexual men just because you hate the masculine ones? Why do you think that your point of view and your opinions are the only ones that really matter? Women here are not the problem, YOU are the problem. You have your own view of life and you are sure that you are right and almost EVERYONE is wrong. I really hope you're trolling, because if you really are 23, you immediately need help.

• yes i'm 23. what's so bad about my age?

• If this site is so awful and disgusting why are you still here? You get the fuck out of here, we don't have to read your bullshits anymore and you don't get angry. Sounds great, doesn't it?

• oops it was a typo... i meant sight

• I've never seen anybody complaining that women like pussies, erm I mean metrosexual men these days because it's not true. Most women like men who act and look like men. You're trying to attract women by acting like a woman? Good look with that phaggot.

• in other words... women like BORING common people

• U jelly?

• I think brains/intelligence is more important as a sign of "power".
    After all, we compete in the workplace nowadays and not on the battlefield.

• but unfortunately many girls have stuck in the "battlefield" thing

• They'll adapt.

• Many so called intellectuals who claim this, have high IQ and social intelligence of a chair. A smart man knows how to handle interaction, how to deal with the world, how to achieve happiness by getting what he needs from other people and that is sexy as hell. Girls do love smart guys, no question about it. Nerds who think girls should be after them for being good at physics, or fixing computers are deluding themselves. If that ever attracts a girl, it's gonna be a gold digger.

• Blame biology and natural instincts for it. Women want a guy who can protect them.

• As i said to the guy below, i don't give a FUCK about nature and biology. that's too old-fashioned. we live at the age of TECHNOLOGY. WAKE UP

• Asker, what you have just said is "fuck science". You are not interested in the evidence (as well as common sense), you have your own weird counter-factual construction. You must be an Obama supporter.

• Yes, and when (not IF but WHEN) our society collapses (be it from natural disaster, world war 3, a killer virus, whatever), that technology will be useless when the power grid goes down. Even weapons will become obsolete when the bullets run out. I believe it was Einstein who said "I don't know what weapons will be used in the next world war, but the war after that will be fought with sticks and stones." (paraphrased)

When that happens, the weaker men will have to be really smart to survive.

• you see two extremes. rarely do u see a melding of the two...

• Huh? I totally love guys like you and all my friends would of course adore you. You are a precious little thing.

• huh... you're talking about me? really? i'm glad

• Me too :)

• Well I do have some hair on my chest and somewhat tall but women ignore me. Oh I remember why its because I'm not muscular.

• if you have hairy chest you're on the masuline side

• But I'm not that masculine I can barely left anything.