Will a guy break up with a girl for not having sex with them?

Okay, so I dated this guy for a little over a month and he broke up with me. Im a virgin and he was the first guy I did anything with and he told me he wanted to have sex and I said no im not ready and shortly after that he broke up with me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Be upfront with men. If you tell them from day one that you are a virgin, that you will not have sex with them any time soon, and that they should pursue some other woman if they do not want to wait. By being upfront this way, you can avoid wasting time on men who are not suited to you. If you had done that here, then you would have saved a little over a month, which is plenty of time to attract a man who is better suited to you. With that said, you would do well not to have sex with men just to keep relationships going. That practically never works out in the woman's favor. Don't let anyone pressure, coerce, extort, blackmail, or otherwise manipulate you into having sex with them. Only have sex when you are ready.

What Guys Said 11

• A man who wants sex from you is not being disrespectful. The female opinions you have received here are idiotic and demonstrate at best fear and hatred and at worst contempt for men's sexuality. This kind of bitchiness is nearly universal among young women today, so I am fully prepared for you to ignore what I'm saying and commence the name calling immediately. If a man isn't getting what he wants out of a relationship (and it is perfectly legitimate to want sex) and he doesn't see the relationship moving towards a state in which he will get what he wants, of course he will leave. I don't know what your particular expectations are, and I realize you are quite young, but as you go forward, I suggest you try to realize that it has been normal throughout history for young people to have sex, produce children and raise families. If you come to a point where you can't articulate your reasons for waiting without sounding like you expect your whole life to be perfect, you're probably past the point where you should have gone ahead.

• Depends.. I would. But I would never ever force/ pressure her into it, thats just plain disgusting. I would tell her flatly that for me, sex is an integral part of relationship. A relationship should be emotional and physical. A sexless relation is as useless as a purely sexual relationship. So i would say that if i dont get satisfaction from a relationship, i would like to separate instead. But i would NEVER, EVER force her into doing it. And NEVER EVER cheat either. Honesty is the best policy

• If lots of men tell her that she must have sex within the first month of a relationship, then there would be DE FACTO force and pressure on her to have sex.

• I never implied that she should have sex.. It's her wish.

• If she tells me she doesn't want sex ever, that's the end.
    If she tells me she doesn't want sex before marriage I wouldn't even start dating either. If she wanted to wait six months or so I'd wait.

• You're not even 18 so not really there, if it's sex before marriage then it's not something I can wait that long for without seeing how it goes.

• Some will, the players mostly. You filtered out a loser by not caving into his pressure, good job!

• If you are looking for a serious guy then wait for at least 6 mnths in any relationship. Bcz if he wants only sex then he won't wait that long.

• Those are one of those worthless people.

• I agree completely. She should be glad that he walked as soon as he did.

• Yeah and they're not worth it

• Listen in my point of view...
    Its all depend upon guys...
    Bt actually love and sex are interrelated..
    For having nd making love stronger sex is needed..
    Bcoz sex makes our love much stronger.. so

• They had only been together for a month or so, and he dropped her like a bad habit. It's pretty clear that love isn't even related to this discussion. I think it should also be clear that it's not related to any discussion about any relationship that has been in place for only a month or so.

• That may be true but that guy seemed to only be in for sex. No offense to men... just the dude she dated.

• Ok yeah... right i also agree with u guys :)

• this guy was only in it for sex. when you're older things are different

• Yes most will, but if your saving your self for marriage mayby try anal

What Girls Said 5

• Guys leave for all reasons. Just find one that won't find an excuse to do so. He wanted a relationship that you didn't want, so find someone who will keep you for who you are.

• yeah they will if theyre a douche bag like your boyfriend was. a lot of guys NOT ALL are mainly looking for sex and so when they dont get it, they leave.

• Yeah they do. Be with someone who will respect you for it

• he wanted you for sex

• lots of guys will do that its the hard reality of dating men, you just gotta find the respectful ones who won't pressure you, cheat on you or leave you for it