How long does it take you to get over someone?

just a crush or an ex how long does it take you to move on

Most Helpful Guy

• its directly propotional to how much you are invested in the other.. if you are living together then yeah its going to take time. if you are in a long distance it will take less time and mostly its based on the space they occupied in your life

What Guys Said 2

• I read in a relationship book by a shrink that it takes 6 months of healing for every year that you were with the person to truly "get over" the relationship and heal from it.

This is supposed to allow you the proper amount of time to grieve the relationship, contemplate what you learned from it, and move on to a healthier relationship.

• I still haven't, and I was rejected two years ago. Just give it time for you to meet someone better; it will make the transition easier.

What Girls Said 4

• it takes me a really long time to get over both because i get attached and excited really easily and then when stuff doesn't work out, it has a big impact on me.

• It depends on how often I have to see them or deal with them.
    If I never see them or talk to them, I can get over them in about a month or two (depending on how much I liked them, of course).
    If I have to see them all the time or see them around, it can take a long time.

• I've always had minor crushes.. but a big. one takes about four years or more.:/.

• A month tops