I feel like a jerk. Am I in the wrong?

I have been seeing this girl unofficially for several weeks, but mostly online and through video chat. We were not boyfriend/girlfriend and did not officialize anything, we just expressed interest and saw each other one time in person (I was traveling across country and stopped by to see her). This was a long distance thing and as optimistic as I tried to be, overtime I just felt like it would not work, and finally today I had to come clean and be honest because I felt that if I did not, I'd be doing both of us a disfavor.

I had to tell her that I like her and would like to talk to her, but I do not want to narrow my focus down to just her yet because I am at a new place and want to meet new people.

Problem is, however, I am a virgin guy at 20 seeking a virgin girl. She was one and they are "hard to find" according to many.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• It won't work so you did the right thing

What Girls Said 2

• It's good that you were honest. There is no shame telling the truth in a good manner as well. If you two are really meant, then you'll meet again.

• You did the right thing in being honest and she will not hate you for that.

What Guys Said 1

• You're fine, I don't like long distance relationships, especially when I haven't met the person in real life.

Good luck finding a virgin though. And I don't see the issue with non-virgins but that's a topic for another question.