If a guy can't ask a girl out, are the chances high that he will be single forever?

Is there any other way he can prevent being single forever?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Of the guys I know who have very little to no dating experience, the common denominator (that I've observed) is not trying. It's not looks, money, or even social skills sometimes lol it's simply a lack of effort in approach/asking women out.

• That's the case with me. I know I would find success if I would try, but I can't get over the anxiety of approaching.

• But can't friendships turn into relationships?

• Yeah they can. Mine rarely do, but I have a friend who does that typically.

What Girls Said 6

• Sometimes girls will take the lead and ask the boy out. You shouldn't feel pressured into asking a girl out, take it slow and she will make it fairly obvious if she's interested. But if she doesn't ask, you might have to or she might settle for someone else.

• Maybe he should just ask and see

• Chances are almost 100% he will be single forever

• I wouldn't say yes, but sort of. If a girl is like me and tried asking a guy out and it turns to shit, they probably won't anymore. I know I won't, it was that bad. Plus traditionally, men asked women out and it just feels more comfortable that way. It's a way that's been working for a while now.

• fo online dating

• The only way to get anywhere in life is to be proactive about it. If you don't try, you won't go anywhere or do anything. This is true in all aspects, not just when it comes to dating. In terms of dating, sure you might get lucky and have some girl (or guy) randomly ask you out, but if you put absolutely zero effort into showing someone that you're interested in them to protect yourself from the potential of rejection, nobody is going to be very interested.

• What if you can approach and talk to them but just not ask them out though?

What Guys Said 5

• I agree but disagree. If a guy is good looking and has artistic/ musical talent like me the woman will date the guy.
    The only problem is it won't last long because the whole enchantment stage wears off eventually and the more serious part of it is what the guy has to show.
    If the guy doesn't get more confident then good looks and his musical/artistic talent doesn't mean as much. The guy is just a good looking guy who has talent but no relationship skills

• Yes, or he will settle for a woman who doesn't get asked out very often that takes the bull by the horns and asks him out.

• Not if he meets some emancipated girl who will take the initiative.

• its more like a guarantee. Whereas a woman can do virtually nothing and she'll be practically guaranteed a relationship at some point and numerous most likely

• Yes. In fact, high is an understatement. It's mor elike 'virtually certain'.