How come most couples are embarrassed to kiss their boyfriend or girlfriend in public?

To me it's like who cares what people are gonna laugh at you when you're kissing your opposite gender? I never understood it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't want to kiss in public. PDA has always been weird to me. It sickens me when I'm single and I don't think I'd like it if I was ever with someone. Plus I know how it feels to see it everywhere and I hate that feeling so I don't want to add to it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Could be many reasons.
    They're embarrassed of their partner
    Don't agree with PDA
    Might think it's inappropriate out in the open space at the time
    Might like attention given to them by passerby's (kissing = instant no-attention from opposite sex passerby's basically)
    etc etc

What Girls Said 12

• I think many of them do it to avoid embarrassing others. It's not so much that THEY are embarrassed in kissing their girlfriends or boyfriends in public but it is more that they don't want to embarrass others by being too personal in public.

• I don't like kissing in front of people (ive never been kissed. Im making a point lol) because it makes them awkward. Like at school when I'm walking down the hall and there's a couple on the side in plain view of everyone and they're in a full on make out session... that's awkward as fuck...

• I like doing tha, t i think to be embarrased is wierd. I like to kiss my bf to show everyone that he is mine >: D

• I love it☺☺☺

• I truly don't know why. I do it all the time, infront of everyone, wherever we are. And he do it too.

• My ex hated it. He said because it would bother recently broken up people (this proved tp be true in my case as I missed him) and it would annoy people..

Plus he did not like public display of affection.

-Fox

• Is there a rule that you are not allowed in public? I know on private owned places you are not allowed.

• Nope. Unless you are having sex. He just dislike annoying people.

• They don't like PDA

• It's not that I'm embarrassed, I'm just not into PDA

• What is PDA

• So is that like a U. S rule you have to follow or something?

• a U. S rule? like you mean in America... no, it's not a rule, I ust don't like show affection in public.

if you're asking if it's a rule in my relationship, it's not a rule. I wouldn't get mad at my boyfriend for kissing me in public, I just don't like necessarily like it

• i wouldn't want to over do it, but i would like people to know that he's mine and no one else's, :)

• Are we talking a kiss or making out?

• Either it doesn't matter

• Well a peck on the cheek or lips is fine, but I wouldn't make out with my boyfriend in public. I'm a grown up, that seems like high school stuff.

• PDA is something a lot of people aren't comfortable with because it's so personal

• its annoying

What Guys Said 2

• Most couples? I thought it was the other way around, most couples I know aren't afraid at all. In my personal case though I sort of find over the top PDA as unclassy and cringe-worthy. I'm not so much embarrassed by it as not wanting to be hypocritical and come off as over the top. Kissing is fine as its reasonably quick and doesn't involve using tongue and there aren't a lot of people (especially children) around.

• Guys who are more than likely forced to lower their standards than women would probably be ashamed to kiss a girl they lowered their standards to in public, but also some people are secure and don't feel the need to have to do that in public. Some people just want attention too.