Do girls think it's weird if a guy is 24 and doesn't have a Facebook account?

I have had my Facebook account disabled for the last 3 years. I've never thought twice about it. I remember it to be kind of liberating. But sometimes I'm not sure how often other people feel the same way about the things I do.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's your choice to have or not have an account on Facebook. :)

No, I don't think it is weird at all. I don't have a Facebook account either. I totally agree with you. It is pretty liberating. :)

What Girls Said 11

• I wish I could just disable mine, but I need it as it's the only tool of communication I have with some people I don't want to lose touch with, plus it is the administrator of my page.

When I think of people without FB accounts I think, wow--there's someone with a life. When I see someone with a dormant FB account, same thing, I think they are busy enjoying other things and FB isn't one of them.

Now that I'm off FB, I come back periodically and see how fucking ridiculous people are on it that I never realized before. I see people telling the world that they're eating cucumber sandwiches (which I'm about to make, actually), broadcasting their breakups, their cancer and chemo treatments, the death of family members, and on and on and on it goes. Not that I don't care about the more serious things, but come on - it's Facebook and people treat it like it's their own personal Truman Show.

What gets me more irritated is the volume of teaser posts. Such as, "OH MY GOD, I AM GOING TO KILL HIM." Then there's a trail of "Gee, what happened, you okay?" type of responses, only to see someone who said it come back with, "It's nothing," or "I'll message you". Like, it was good enough to get everyone curious, but needing bites to get attention to go further.

I only seem to notice that this shit goes on and is noticeable to me once I take a Facebook break. So when you ask is it weird - NO. I think what's weird is how Facebook has become so intertwined with our lives that people feel the need that they MUST use it every 30 minutes, taking pictures, posting, and checking in instead of actually living their lives.

I was on it for seven years and just this spring fell off the FB grid but keep the page active. I don't miss it, and hate logging in. I only do it to answer a message that I see in email, and then I'm off. My feed pisses me off once I log in and it reminds me why I'm outta there.

• No, if most of the relationships in my life weren't long distance I wouldn't have a facebook.

• I wouldn't think it's weird but then I don't have one either.

• I would prefer he didn't. I have a Facebook but I never get on, and I don't have a Twitter or instagram. There's a social media world out there that I'm not apart of and I would like to be with a guy who is the same

• nah it doesn't matter

• my friends who are much older than u , never have Facebook
    it isn't weird at all

• nope, not at all I think it's cool

• Not weird at all, some people just don't like Facebook and that's their business

• no, not weird at all

• I'm not 24 but I think Facebook is going to end up like MySpace to be honest. I don't think it's weird (I don't have one)

• I honestly believe anyone who has a Facebook account past college is a loser. I don't understand why people over the age of 25 has one. They really need to get lives. It's the same with Twitter. Get a life and get off the computer.

• Yeah, because having Facebook means that you have no life?

• yup exactly, the people with Facebook since there and stalk other people and wish that they had their lives instead of their own. Most people don't realize that most people aren't as happy as they seem on Facebook. There are people who actually get depressed over their friends live on Facebook. So yes, if you have Facebook you don't have a life. You're too busy trying to impress your "friends" then what's going on in your own life. My friend and I went to Niagara FAlls and she spent a lot of the time taking pictures and uploading them to Facebook. She couldn't enjoy our day, she was too busy obsessed with sharing our day on Facebook.

What Guys Said 5

• its fine man. FB is lame, only reason i have a FB is because Tinder is a bitch ass bitch.

• Wait, my username is in this question! Not weird at all some people might not think its necessary to have one.

• It's not weird. That was when I started getting away from facebook.

• no heaps of my friends don't or they did and have deleted it.

• I have an account with them, I only really use it to log into other sites. I can't even contact anyone with it, from someone stealing my account info and I had to change my password.

• or maybe it's that no one cares to talk to me. Well whatever