I'm told i'm "very good looking", but?

I'm 18 years old and I'm told I'm a "very good looking guy" but it just seems like bullshit to me. I know life isn't like a movie, but if I was apparently this "good looking" then I would have girls walking up to introduce themselves to me, no?

When I go to parties it's like the girls just don't even know I'm there. I have had times when a girl would think I'm "hot", but it never goes past there. It's like they skip over me. I'm told I have a good personality and I'm fun to talk to, so what's the deal?

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol I think you and me both have the same dilemma...

What Girls Said 3

• i personally don't think the guy should make the first move, but that is what a lot of girls expect, and that is what a lot of girls (including me) find attractive. If a girl is comfortable of introducing themselves to you, so be it! but you can't expect them to just come up to you just because your cute!

• No girl introduces them selves to a guy.. Remember guys make the first move and I'm sure that counts

• lol girls usually dont start convos unless theyre extrememly confident so maybe you should try starting a convo next time :D

What Guys Said 3

• I'm in the same situation. Friends and coworkers of all ages, most were women who told me, have said I'm a handsome and nice guy who can get a "lucky" girl easily. Truth is even when I do get the nerve to confidently talk to a girl they are just unresponsive and disinterested. I've had a girl I went out with for a couple of months say she didn't find me attractive but just wanted company until the guy she really wanted was available. The one girl that was really interested in me I just didn't know until years later. I'm at the point where the last woman who show any interest had 5 kids with 4 guys and didn't show any signs of commitment, just needed help with her children. Hopefully you are better looking than me and will get your chance with a good girl.

• Girls dont introduce themselves much to guys, unless you're one of the best there. You need to initiate shit.

• People are liars. However, I'm sure if you actually make an effort you could get a girl easy.