Is it true that a lot of men date women who look and act like their mothers and women believe that all men like them to look and act like their moms?

As a guy, I can't speak for the rest of the men (obviously) but I honestly would never date woman who looks and acts exactly like my mother because it's just pretty fucking disgusting to even have a relationship with a woman who reminds me too much of my own mother (I just find incest to be fucking disgusting like the rest of the normal people do). Now, I would date a woman if she had my mother's hard working, compassionate and nurturing traits. That's about it. I sure as hell wouldn't have a relationship with a woman who looks like my mother and is too much like her in personality. I'm not saying that I have a bad relationship with my mother or am calling her "ugly". I love my mother, have a good relationship with her and think she's beautiful in a different way (in a non-sexual way, obviously), I just find even the thought of an incest relationship to be disgusting, plus she's pretty religious. Nothing wrong with it or anything but it's just not the type of women I'd have a relationship with.

What's your take on this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Subconsciously yes.
    The same is true for girls too, they tend to marry men a lot like their father.

I heard it's because we associate certain traits and smells with comfort and love. A study found that most American me prefer the scent of vanilla on a woman, presumably so because that scent is in so many baby products.
    We're attracted to familiarity. Most people are most attracted to their own race because we like people that look like us. And the same is true for certain facial structures and hormone levels. Women with high testosterone fathers tend to prefer men with also high testosterone levels

Also your mother as a young woman probably looked nothing like the woman you know now. And there is nothing wrong or perverted about saying that she was attractive

What Girls Said 3

• No I find it extremely disturbing when a man or woman wants a partner that reminds them/looks like their parents.

• Yeah. Even the idea of this is just plain disturbing and disgusting.

• I agree, But I know men and women who obviously chose a clone of their parents for a partner.

• I doubt it because of interracial relationships so I guess it's an exception

• well, I sincerely hope I am not resembling my obnoxious mother in law one bit. But I don't think so. We are from very different upbringings. I realise though, that my bf tries to put me in kind of a role, which is this housewife, representable role, that is mother is as well.
    On the other hand, I got told very often, that my bf looks like my brother... that is super weird and disgusting to me as well.

• A person who says that my gf or wife looks and/or acts just like any of my female relatives is just plain freaking disgusting to even bring up.

What Guys Said 4

• I do not want a woman whose physical appearance reminds me of my mother, but I do want a woman who shares the same basic values as my mother with regard to being against casual sex culture, being firm about keeping the family together through thick and thin, being nurturing toward her children, being against cursing and other unladylike behaviors, and so on. Unfortunately, most women with these values are religious conservatives (as my mother is) who will not date even consider dating and marrying an atheist (as I am), which makes my dating situation more than a bit problematic.

• Well, I don't mind dating a religious woman with great moral values. My mom on the other hand, is very religious but has little respect for other religious beliefs and deems her own religious belief more superior than others. Plus my mother has very little common sense.

• I have never dated a woman who even slightly resembled my mother.

I tend to date women who are basically the complete opposite of her, now that I think about it.

I wonder why that is.

• Not a fan of the way my parents view things, for example, they think their race is superior and their religion is right and will actively belittle others when brought up.

• No its not true.