If a man you have been dating for a year spends 5 -6 nights a week at your house, should he contribute to the rent, utilities, something?

He also pays rent at his place.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes he should or he's a freeloader.

What Guys Said 4

• Spending the night is one thing, living there 5-6 nights is something else. If he's living there most of the week he should just move in already. However, it's clearly not financially viable to pay for two places. I'd just get him to spring for the wine/ food when he comes over. I assume he's not emptying your fridge, making himself lunch, having baths, washing clothes, etc. If it's not affecting your bills in anyway, not biggie, otherwise he can contribute in other ways.

• You could ask him about it. He will either contribute or cut his time he spends at your place to a minimum. Does he take you places and pay? Or do you both pay half? If he pays I think it would be wrong to ask him. Probably the best way to handle it is tell him to only come over as little as possible. Then you can decide how often you can come over to his place. Like maybe spend an hour or two at your place in a week then spend an hour or two at his place the next week. Or just break up.

• No.

Unless...
    he doesn't actually have a place.

He camps in yours.

• well if he also pay rents at his place , you should be playing yours then I suppose... he's a guest of your house.
    IF he moves in , then make it 50/50

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think so. If you were actually living together, this would make sense. But since he has his own place, I take it that the two of you have just chosen to spend more time at your place out of convenience, not necessity. Is he costing you anything extra to be at your place? And maybe you two want to consider moving in together?