What do you thing about finding a boyfriend/girlfriend on internet?

what do you thing about it is it normal or stupid idea

Most Helpful Guy

• Its not stupid per se, but its not normal or ideal. I met one of my best friends online. She was on a game website that got shut down. We used to play all these games together and we just hit it off. She might actually move out here and if she does she's definitely gonna be my girlfriend. I've met plenty of other girls on other places on the internet, including this site. But on the other hand, online dating is SOOO messed up. People are so rude, or socially awkward, and its not like they're even just picky, they're straight up tools. I tried it once, messaged a couple girls who were just plain terrible to me for no reason at all and tried to take out all their past aggressions from ex boyfriends and shit out on me, they're fucking crazy. And then like 9 months later i came back and all the same girls were still there, obviously no one ever actually meets someone because its all a bunch of catfish, crazy bitches, arrogant ego stroking assholes who just go fishing for compliments, etc, etc. The chances you'll actually find someone decent are less than 1% of 1%.

This article explains it perfectly:
    www.cracked.com/.../

Even the most terrible woman you could possibly imagine gets hundreds of messages a day, so absolutely terrible women are overestimating their worth as a partner, and doing so constantly rejecting guys who are too good for them. When they finally find someone who they actually want, he's so freaking tired of being treated like crap by everyone else, that the long list of expectations she has for him are far too much to expect from the little time and energy he has left. Remember every decent guy out there is constantly competing with the hoardes of overflattering men, and the longer a woman spends on a dating site, the more she begins to think bending down and kissing her boot is a realistic expectation, which will turn away anyone worthwhile.

You have 10,000x better chances just meeting someone on the street than online dating. But not the internet as a whole.

What Guys Said 9

• I met the girl im dating now on match. The life style of today doesn't leave me with much room to go out and find someone. And when I do go out its all ways the same type of people. So I turned to the internet... but like previous comment be aware of jerks. After talking to a lot of girls on match im told that 9 out of 10 guys they talk to are using those sites as a sex site not a relationship site...

• It's kinda normal considering how much time people spend on the net. You just need to make sure you know who you're really talking to before meeting and giving out personal info or photos.

• they always want photo first.

• who gives stuff like that

• God knows but it happens when things get serious I guess

• We are 14 years into the 21st century. It's normal. I met my gf online. Just beware of jerks and creeps online.

• The internet is where I met all my girlfriends (except for that one in middle school but that one doesn't count.. it was pathetic.) The distance between us makes the love stronger and actually helped it last longer.

• Yes, if we exchange video chats i would agree to it, i want see who i am talking to

• I think it's stupid idea cause you don't even know the person in reality only online
    You may get tricked or cheated be careful.

• so many people are finding love on the internet so wouldn't you try it?

But don't forget there are also nice guys maybe at school, work, sport club and so on...

• Had a gf from London England, and im from Port Elizabeth South African. i've met her and everything, stayed there at my brothers.. DISTANCE is a silent killer plus lack of body contact sucks. bad idea if you don't understand the flaws of it.

• it depends on how you look at it. I had a GF online and I loved her very much. the only thing that ended the relationship was the lack of psychical contact.

What Girls Said 3

• I think it's normal. Everyone does it nowadays

• I would say it's pretty normal. Something I'm open to.

• Normal. I bet my boyfriend online, then we met up. Just you have to watch out for the creeps, check that they're real first.