Would You Ever Choose Between Your Best Friend or SO?

My boyfriend's best friend has hated me for as long as I can remember. I think it's because he tried making a move on me years ago (before I was with my current bf) and I shot him down. I've always got the sense that he was trying to sabotage our relationship, and now he's finally done it.

He told my boyfriend that I'm cheating with my male best friend, which is 100% false. My best friend is like a brother to me and we've never done anything more than hug.

So my boyfriend basically gave me an ultimatum: either stop hanging out with my boyfriend or we're over.

Right now I'm freaking out because I don't know what to do. I love my boyfriend. We've even been talking about getting married and possibly starting a family within the next few years. But I've been friends with this guy since my freshman year of high school. He's been there for me through everything.

I've tried to convince him that his friend is lying but he doesn't believe me since they've been friends since childhood.

What would you do in this situation.

Most Helpful Guy

• Say that his friend is lying and that you love your boyfriend very much. That you will stop seeing your friend until he realises it was a lie, but that it will hurt you a lot for having him do that.

Your friend should understand I think.

• Thanks! I really hope that he sees he can trust you. And that you can keep both people in your life at some point.

What Guys Said 2

• First, make sure all of your girlfriends know so that the sorry sack responsible never gets a date. Secondly, your boyfriend should definitely give you the benefit of the doubt, considering how long you've been dating. If he gives you the ultimatum, choose what is more important to you: that's all you can do. If I were you, though, I would hide a recording device (iPhone, perhaps) in my shirt and trick him into a confrontation where he admits everything on the device: that he made an advance on you years ago, that he's doing this as revenge or whatever, and that you are the truthful one. Catching him in the act of revoking his lie is the best possible route.

• Yeah, I really wish he would give me the benefit of the doubt. He should no I have more respect for him and myself than to sleep around. I've never given him any reason to not trust me.

And that's a good idea about the recording device. I can hardly stand being in the same room as him, but I don't want him to get away with this either.

• It's a surefire way of exposing him. Just make sure the device is concealed well enough.

• My best friend is akin to my twin Brother, we've known each other for over twenty years, we've grown up together. Nothing and no one will come between us.

If I had to choose between my girl and my best friend, I'd choose my best friend because I know he'll always be right next to me as we head through life.

What Girls Said 1

• "So my boyfriend basically gave me an ultimatum: either stop hanging out with my boyfriend or we're over"

I'm going to assume you meant best friend here

Well that's sad really that your SO and your best friend can't co exist
    I personally do not believe a person can have a best friend only close friends but I think you all 3 need to talk