I'm 22 with zero dating experience. How can I get past that? Has anybody else gone through this?

So yeah, 22 and never dated anyone, kissed anyone, held hands with anyone, nothing. I've had crushes before, obviously, but I'm pretty sure none of them have ever been reciprocated. I just started dating a guy. We've gone out three times and I really like him, but I'm having a hard time sorting out friends vs more-than-friends. Like, I want to be more than friends with him, but I don't really know how. He tried to kiss me yesterday and I didn't even realize it... Awkward, haha
Now I'm trying to get past how weird the idea of kissing someone is. I'm just not used to being more than friends with guys, and having a guy be interested in me as more than friends. Same with wanting to kiss me. It's weird, haha
I don't want this to ruin my chances, so does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get past this?

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to stop worrying so much. Let loose and have fun. If you like this guy, you have to he yourself, be who you are. Don't think about your past or lack there of, on your dating experiences. Think about the present and future of your dating. This should be fun for you not stressing. Do what feels natural and right. But don't forget to have fun :)

What Guys Said 2

• To answer one of the questions in your post, if you want to push this relationship further. You should break the 'kiss' barrier basically.

From kissing comes being turned on and from thereon it's easier to take it even further if you'd want to. Also you will have magically moved yourselves into romantic interests ;)

• I'm 26 and never had a girlfriend officially although I have been on dates and kissed before

What Girls Said 2

• Its not as bad as you think it is. Try to explore new things in life. That guy probably likes you and its obvious you like him too that's why he tried to kiss you. Try to think about it... Someone wants to be a part of your life, wants to make you happy, wants to spend time with you.. If i were you i would take the risk to be with someone rather than being alone and curious about a lot of things. I am 23 and i just started a relationship with a 31 yr old man last June so were dating for almost 3mos and i never regret it. Goodluck :)

• I was like you until I was 22 also. No date, kiss, anytbing. Just a few crushes.

I made the mistake of kissing the first guy I dated too early because he turned out not to be deserving of it.

Your first kiss and guy that you date should be special. Take your time and enjoy it :)

The guy I dated was a really bad person. Just make sure the guy knows you and cares about you a lot before you share something special like that with him