Would you continue to go on dates with a person if you were not their physical preference?

You met a guy/girl/intersex and you really hit it off with them. You've gone on a couple dates with them only for them to reveal their type is someone opposite of you. (ex. your date has a thing for dark haired girls but your hair is red, your date likes buff guys and your skinny) Would you continue to see someone once you find out you are not their physical type?

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely not. Not fair to me. Would be doing myself a disservice big time even though people can change their minds about their type based on personality-i still wouldn't set myself up for being a 2nd or 3rd option.

What Guys Said 4

• I have and now I'm marrying one. that's why preferences should only be preferences they shouldn't be rules.

my fiancé, whom I love more than anything is blonde. I'd never dated a blonde before I was always more into darker hair

• A simple answer to your question - a great personality. Dating or getting into a relationship with someone need not always be based on physical attractiveness.

• There's no such thing as a physical type when it comes to love. Sure morbid obesity isn't most people's idea, but preconceived notions of what we like is not really the most important thing. When you love someone it's about the person not their appearance.

• Simple answer: yes.

It's right there in your question too, it's a preference, not a requirement. ;)

What Girls Said 2

• I'm marrying a guy who prefers brunettes to blondes. Just because someone has a preference doesn't mean they can't fall for someone out side of that group.

• If it's to the point were I'm not or very little attracted to them, then no, I would not. I have met men who aren't my type that I've been attracted to and dated but it didn't last lol