Would it be too much if I want to know where my boyfriend is?

My ex always tells me where he's going. Even after he drops me off, he would call me to let me know he had safely arrived home or is going somewhere else. Even if we didn't meet, i'd still know where he is or what he's doing, and who he's meeting. I've been with my ex for over 6 years, so i'm used to that. But my current boyfriend is never like that. I told him several times after he drop me off to call me and let me know once he gets home, but he never did. I called him and he said he forgot or other excuses like his phone went off. Honestly, is it too much trouble to just text and let me know? Am i being over controlling? Most of the time i'm just worried about him not getting somewhere safely, especially his place is about an hour drive from my place. And saying that he forgot to text me kind of makes me feel off cos clearly he didn't think about me after we meet. Now i sounded like a crazy gf. >.<

Most Helpful Girl

• Many times, we expect that things are going to be the same or About the same, after we have been with someone else for so long. We are hoping they Might be like they were with the Other. However, everyone is Not made out of the Same Cloth, as you have seen.
    I find his behavior here rude and crude. He is putting you on his pay no mind list, not caring about your feelings, not even Considering How you might be Feeling. And there is no excuse Why he couldn't have 'Text and let me know.' He just didn't feel he had to, which is telling me as well, that he is Starting to train you to Not get used to whatever 'Best things you had in the past' with the Other. He has a mind of his own...
    If he starts with these selfish, inconsiderate actions of so-called 'Love' now, imagine what other wet blanket things he has in store down the road, once you get more into this relationship.
    Do some soul searching, sweetie. You have most likely heard throughout your life: It isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. And although for whatever reasons you and your Past relationship had gone your separate ways, something inside is telling me you miss This sometimes... Or at least 'Some things.'
    Good luck. xx

• Well they say if you love someone, you have to accept everything about them, good and bad. I don't want to change him. If he thinks it's fine, then i might as well just get used to it. The problem is, i'm a very sensitive, so i care too much, and i overthink a lot. Maybe i should care less, keep myself busy with other things. Less care, less hurt.

• No, thank YOU. You're so sweet.

• Thanks, sweetie... xx

What Guys Said 6

• No, your requests are reasonable, but maybe he doesn't think, you care so much, and don't really expect him to call you.

• personally I don't think anyone should feel obligated to tell their SO where they are 24/7 and I would feel smothered.

• I'm confused... are you his girlfriend or his mother? Is he twelve? Give the grown-man some breathing room. If my girlfriend needed to know where I was at all times she wouldn't be my girlfriend.

• If this is how its going to be fresh out of the gates then why bother with him?

• Yeah you're a cray gf. Have to give your man some space

• Sorry, but your ex was a whipped puppy dog. Sounds like your new boyfriend is what is considered normal, and doesn't check in every 5 minutes. It's ok for him to not have to have a GPS tracker on his ankle every once in a while.

What Girls Said 3

• Depends on who's perspective. Maybe this new boyfriend you have may think you are since he doesn't seem used to it. You got used to your Ex doing that, maybe you aren't completely over him? Or you're just purely accustomed to it. I would have to say though that you'll probably be that "crazy" GF in his eyes. But I could be wrong. Maybe ask him what he thinks and be open for his opinions. That's all :)

• Yes that is too much. If my partner demanded that I'd run. Its clingy and needy.

• Nope. You have the right to know where he is. My boyfriend used to be like that. He is also used of me asking him where he is. But I noticed he never learned to tell me where until I asked him. we discussed it several times but never changed. I then, stopped asking him. Told him I don't want to ask ever again. Honestly, he then started to tell me where he is going with complete Info's. Haha until now. We are together for almost a year. He also ask permission now unlike before.