Guys would you date a woman older than you and women would you date a younger guy?

Let's say your intention was not for casual dating but to find a person to marry.
The average age gap for married couples in developed countries is like 2-3 years with the guy being older.
Guys, typically date younger girls as they get older, so guys would you date a woman older and if so how much older?
Women normally date older guys because they seem more mature, so women , would you date a younger guy and if so how much younger?

In the poll, if you are a female read the words in the parentheses.

• I'd only date someone my age or younger (older) as I'm a guy (woman).
  • I'd only date someone 1 year older (younger) or less as I'm a guy (woman).
  • I'd only date someone 2 years older (younger) or less as I'm a guy (woman).
  • I'd only date someone 3 year older (younger) or less as I'm a guy (woman).
  • I'd only date someone any years older (younger) as I'm a guy (woman).

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex was 6 months younger than me, and I've been on dates with a couple guys who were about a year younger before. I've also dated up to 14 years older than me. To be honest, I don't notice much of a difference lol age is just a number in a lot of cases when it comes to maturity. One of the guys a year younger was definitely more mature than the guy 14 years older.

One thing I have found though, is that the older guys are more looking for a relationship quicker than the younger ones. They also don't party as much, which is a plus. I'd prefer to date a man who is a few years older because I feel his lifestyle would be more fitting to what I'm looking for, and I'd trust him more as the "man" in the relationship. However as far as maturity? I haven't seen age as being much of a factor once you get past like 21.

What Girls Said 4

• For me, no i would not date a younger guy, I had a crush once on a younger guy, and he had crush for me too, and it was hard to communicate with him, I just felt he is a little boy and I have to take care of him and I actually need Sb to take car of me not the opposite

• Don't make generalization.

• Yea I know, my best frd mum is older that her father with 2 years, I'm just talking about my own experience

• I'd date a guy between 18-25 years old, and I'll turn 20 soon. The guy I like is 18, almost 19 (15 months younger than I am). I would date him. I probably wouldn't go younger than me by any more than 2 years.

• My bf is 1 1/2-2 years younger than me and we plan to get married in the future :)

• I date both younger and older guys.

What Guys Said 7

• I would date an older woman but dating is probably as far as it will go. if im looking for my life partner I want her to be at least my age or younger.

• I used to love the idea of getting with an older woman, there was something about the "milf" thing that really appealed to me. The novelty of that idea has worn off for me as I have got a bit older myself, but that's not to say I wouldn't date an older woman now. Age doesn't really matter to me, within reason. I wouldn't date a woman who was old enough to be my grandmother, nor would I date a girl under 18, but apart from that, I don't have any specific allowances for age. If the attraction was there and we bonded well, I would not be particularly fussed if a woman was 20 or 30, maybe even 40. For the record, I am in my mid-twenties.

• 10 years up , 10 years down (legal ofc).
    I find socializing with the more mature among us easier tbh , less batshit crazy topics lol but each age range have its own niche.

• I liked a girl that was older than be by a year and we were good friends, we had a lot common but never dated, sadly because our nationalities and communities are different and they won't allow it

• I'm 25, so I'll date girls as young as 20 and girls as old as 30.

• As old as 26.
    But that's just for dating, sex is totally different.

• I'm soon to be engaged to a lady who is four years older than me.