Do you always text the person who you are dating? What if you texted them many hours ago, and they didn't reply even though they checked your message?

I'm dating a guy, and I have been very cool, not very passive about our relationship, but sometimes he doesn't reply my messages until several hours and I know that he checked it.

Most Helpful Guy

• People got lives, work, friends, hobbies they can't always reply back and honestly I enjoy my space and I give it to others, I do reply back when someone messages me out of courtesy of course but if I am busy I'll skim the message and get back to em when I can.

• You made a really good point, but what if it's you who started the text first?

• If they don't answer back it doesn't worry me they have their own lives they will get back to me when they can.

What Guys Said 2

• yeah ill text the person im dating. gotta let them know of the plans im making. but it sounds like he's playing games with you. or he's just forgetful lol.

• Haha do you text your date everyday? He texted me everyday, but just went missing after few texts. Hmmmm I'm still figuring if it's a game..

• its most likely a game, maybe his friends told him "d00d what are you doing! don't text her everyday! you're gonna look like a wuss!" hahaa.

• I texted her every single day and she loved me for it.

• Maybe he has a life and has things to do. Worrying about when someone replies to a text message is pretty pointless. If there's absolutely something you have to say to him, right NOW, give him a voice call. Otherwise chill out.

• You got a really good point, I should just chill out. Thanks!

What Girls Said 1

• Don't you just love the "read" Receipt? (>_<) Drives me nuts!

• Hahaha it's rude isn't it? Can't they just reply a few words, like "I am busy, talk to you later"!

• That'd be nice! lol Hey, I am guilty of it too though so I cannot complain that much. :p I'd say wait it out. If you too have a great connection in person, awesome... but if he fails to carry that over to when you are not - try calling him instead of texting... if it is a fail still - walk away :)