Do you have boundaries in dating?

I have boundaries. If I ever get a girlfriend, she will be known of them instantly. Boundary 1: She can't live with me, I prefer living by myself with my dog. She can ask to move in, but my answer will always be no. My apartment is mine. Boundary 2: Don't leave your stuff at my apartment. She can spend the night, but take your stuff with you once you leave. Boundary 3: Marriage is off the table. I have no intentions of getting married, I will let her know this. Do you have boundaries in dating?

Most Helpful Guy

• LOL good luck trying to convince a girl to those boundaries.

• If she doesn't like them, she can leave. Won't bother me.

• But what's the point of having a GF if she can't move in with you or get married?

• There is no point. I don't want a woman living me unless she's a relative.

What Girls Said 8

• Yes. Boundary 1: No dating guys with such intimacy issues that he has strict boundaries about living together and marriage.

That's it.

• I just got another boundary. Women who try to shame men. I ain't the one lady. Try it on someone else. My boundaries will stay the same.

• I'm done talking to you.

• you sound like a typical child. this is the reason women date men and not boys :)
    if you get a gf she will be super insecure and clueless ~ no woman of any value or beauty would give a crap about your little boy boundary's... if your amazing and rich and have a great family and you marry her, then she will obey your new silly list. but before that your just one of 100 000 guys that would kill for a good gf.

women have all the choices, we are the beauty and the fruit of nature .. there must be at least 1 billion men in the world who would cut of one nut just to spend a night with me, and I'm nothing special at all. I think you need perspective , because any guy who lives in an apartment is like a step way down from a fat girl who lives in a trailer and doesn't bath. :P

I think what you need is lots of cash to buy a girlfriend for the hour ^^

• My boundaries are just that... boundaries. Women don't have to like them, but they will stay that way. You can shame me and call me all the names you want... but it won't work. Tell it to someone who cares about your opinion... when you pay my bills, then I'll care.

• obviously you do care about my opinion and others, since your the one posting your private thoughts to be seen and responded too. and I don't need to shame you, there is nothing shameful about your boundary's, or being immature.. its just part of human development. when your older and grown up, you will see all the opportunity's you wasted to be entertained by God's most spectacular beautiful creation.

I think its cool you love Dog's, it says many positive things about your character, ~ but your in the age bracket now where you can still date the most youthful & beautiful girls, without needing to be a mega rich neurologist.. but I think that will change soon ^^

• Commitment issues...

Okay: don't smoke (ANYTHING), don't make a mess, don't leave your underwear anywhere, if you don't know how - DON'T try to cook.

• Those aren't bad boundaries, but they do make you sound like you are a player because you don't want her stuff left in your house for other people to see. Personal space is key, I wouldn't want my partners living in my apartment with me because its my space and I need me time and its hard with someone there with you every second of the day. Yes to over nights but I wouldn't make them take everything with them when they left, I would make a drawer for stuff that they could leave, like a pair or 2 of extra clothes, toothbrush razors hair stuff whatever they would leave at a house, but I wouldn't want my girl to leave her bobby pins or elastics or her hair all over my bathroom same with guys too. Marriage is completely normal because not everybody wants to get married. But all these boundaries at the beginning of a relationship are a little ridiculous because on the first date you wouldn't talk about marriage or living situations or anything until you're more comfortable with your partner or further into the relationship.

• So basically you just want a friends with benefits or just stay in the dating stage forever? I have boundaries too of course, but not ones that are that strict.

• I have a right to have them. I won't allow women to make me feel bad for them either. A woman doesn't have to like them, she can move on.

• I never said you don't have a right to have those boundaries.

• I think those are trust issues you're talking about, not boundaries.

What caused these?

• You must be a teacher and think of your gf as your student lol..

• Nope. I am a man demonstrating his boundaries. I don't care how strict they are.

• So you basically want to have sex and cuddle sometimes and then drive her off? Nice dude. What then when the doggy dies?

• I'll get another one.

• I never mentioned anything about sex either.

• Well since you clearly say nothing about sex and it's boundaries, you propably expect the girl to give you some. Which is kinda unfair since leaving stuff at your place is end of the world. It's like she would be your personal toy or secret. She can spend the night but leave next day and don't leave anything your place.

What Guys Said 1

• I certainly have a few, the most important being No smoking in my apartment but that goes to all my visitors. Anyway its good that you're clear about your boundaries from the beginning.