What should I expect from dating a Muslim girl?

Just to clarify when I say "expect" I don't mean sexual expectations

Right I've been dating a Muslim girl for a few days and we were out in public and she was getting looks at from other Muslims and a few guys who were white and a few Muslim and other religious guys were scowling at me and her so should I expect this and is it normal
Also she is happy with staying with me but due to the fact that she is Muslim and I'm not what are the main problems going to be

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know as I haven't dated one before but would expect there to be a lot of issues as relationship moves forward. first off the religion is very different and its not one that is big on muslim's being with non-muslims. I'm sure her family would prefer she dates a muslim guy even if they don't come out and say so. I also wouldn't expect to have sex with her anytime soon , as I believe that religion isn't big on pre marital sex. she might also try and convert you to muslim religion , not sure if that's something your open to

• Yeah I'm not religious at all and yeah from the looks that we were getting it seemed that way and yeah she doesn't want sex and neither do I and if she tries to convert me I will just say no Thankyou politely

• If her family follows the Quran they'll demand that you convert to Islam.

• If so then can I pretend to convert to Islam

What Girls Said 4

• Honestly, just ignore other people. The relationship is about you and her and NO ONE else. I am often in inter racial relationships and get strange looks/inappropriate racist comments issued at my boyfriends, from people of my own race - which is sexual jealously dressed up as racial nobility. I ignore them. I refuse to pay any attention to or encourage ignorance by reacting to their idiocy. Don't let anything or anyone hinder the course of the relationship, focus on YOU and HER - NON ONE ELSE!

• Yeah I just ignore them and so does she but today when I was with her a guy shouted racist comments which led to a lot of violent actions which I don't regret and I'm just focusing on me and her Thankyou :)

• Oh gosh. I was suspicious to be honest that it was Manchester or Birmingham when I read your message. Mt friends lived in both, and did warn me about that kind of stuff. If you guys decided to relocate, then do try a bigger city such as London or Leeds, as you get more dirty looks and ignorant cat calls vs things getting physical tbh. Mostly as they were are Police on every corner in the big city, so the bigoted idiots don't take the risk of things getting physical. I have found also, that as I get older, the less it happens, so that is a positive for you guys to look forward to. Good luck! ps. sorry I meant 'quite' vs 'quote' below (I'm not a good speedtyper :( )

• Yeah plus I come from one of the most toughest areas in Manchester and yeah and I don't know what to do and Thankyou and haha it's fine I understand what your saying :)

• Technically she is no longer muslim then.

They are not allowed to kiss or date in their religion until marriage. So yeah...

-Fox

• She seems she is an open minded muslim and they are not different than other girls.

• Beware of the daddy, and he brothers, and the cousins, and the uncles.. You know what? Beware of the whole family, including grandma.

• Daddy gone she doesn't care though and hahaha think this white boy ain't seeing no granny

• This. The family could be a BIG problem, like deadly big. Seriously, even the extended family from the other side of the world can be a problem.

• Royal marine, black belt in ju jisu, live in a society made up of racism so I'm completely fucked do you recon I could hide in Canada

What Guys Said 6

• Muslim girls are not supposed to go outside their religion (technically not even supposed to date at all), so expect the scowls going forward unless one of you converts to the other's religion.

• Yes it seems that its frowned upon within that faith, however i would stick with it and see what happens but i would respectfully say be prepared for a sudden change to! i respect all faiths but it doesn't seem quite right to bring a sibling up in a western culture then impose a culture that is opposite to what has been experienced by them?

• A controlling family.

• No dates getting a bacon cheeseburger.

• It's not people's problem what you do, so keep up!