Is it possible to transition from dating to being friends?

I went on 5 fun dates (no sex) with this guy I met online.. we get along great & can talk/joke around for hours. However we decided we're too different to keep dating.. he's a party guy & total manwhor* who told me he doesn't want a serious relationship. As for me I'm ready for marriage/settling down. He admitted a relationship could never work, but asked if we could still hang out as friends b/c he thinks I'm a "cool person".. I said yes but I'm hesitant (I've never been friends with someone I dated before)?

Most Helpful Girl

• For him, he seems totally good with the transition on dating to being friends. You on the other hand, I feel like it would not be a good transition for you based on what you wrote down. Not saying it is possible but not really a good idea. Just know that he is going to hook up with a lot of other girls and that he will always have sexual tension towards you.

What Guys Said 2

• Sure, as long as you both are on the same page it will work.

• Haha He is probably gonna bang you and when he do, He won't wanna be friends anymore.

What Girls Said 0