How do you talk to guys?

Soo I honestly don't know how to talk to guys at all. I'm really awkward and weird. I don't know how to flirt or get their numbers--nothing. I'm just quiet and sit there sort of fangirling over how cute they are.

I haven't flirted or been really social with guys since I was 14. Around that time, I started dating this guy for about three years and then it ended badly at 18. I'm currently 19, and turn 20 this December. I just want to know how to talk to guys again because I've pretty much forgotten. Hahaha.

ALSO. Please don't give me some high school crap like "poking" them or taking their hats. I want serious adult flirting advice. :cc Please help. I just want to know so when the time comes, I will get an A on the flirting exam.

But to ladies, how do you talk to guys? And gentlemen, how should a girl properly flirt?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't try too hard. I'm sure you've heard this a million times, but... be yourself! Don't try to be someone else. because once you've been with a guy for years he will know all about you and you will still be the same girl he dated.

I believe that people have different tastes and being yourself creates the right interest to other guys. Wear what you like to wear, put however much makeup as you want, stuff your face with nutella and guys will love it. Dating has no strict guideline, so there is no grading on the flirting exam.

I've had a hard time with some people and trying to force yourself to talk won't help. And then I met someone who I could talk to for ages! It really just comes down to the other person. Once you meet him, you will definitely know.

What Guys Said 5

• For boys in college, it isn't unnatural for us to check out girls and actually think about trying to hit on them. Just talk naturally like you would with the friends you have no and see if they can relate to you. A good conversation is never planned, it just happens without anyone realizing. A good way to flirt is to just refer to sexual innuendos. Things that boys do like "that's what she said", or anything that would refer to a sexual experience (even if you don't have any it doesn't matter). If the boy understands your just playing around and flirts back you know he's up for grabs. If he dives straight into a sex conversation in which he'll ask if you want to have sex, then you know you won't end up anywhere with him.

• I'd say eye contact would help if your trying to attract a guy you like. He'll see you staring at him and make the decision to go talk to you if he's interested. Though don't stare for too long or it'll make him feel awkward or annoyed if he doesn't seem interested in approaching you. Also If a guy does talk to you just smile and nod if you don't know what to say, you'll make him feel more confident so he'll probably try and carry the conversation and you can help just keep asking questions about himself but just don't get to personal keep it vague and open

• Honestly, i dont really care. She can talk or ask meh whatever she wants to without meh feeling awkward or anything. When u socialize, u can talk about anything and everything. That is how u escape ur boredom and socialize with people eps. the HAWTIES. Anything is fine i believe.. at least that applies to meh.

• Honestly, for a girl it doesn't really matter a whole lot what you say as long as you show interest in some way. You can just smile a lot and pretend to laugh at his jokes. You could even talk about how cute he is. Speak your mind. Ultimately, you just want to help him to be comfortable talking with you which means you should try to be comfortable with yourself talking with him.

• When I see a guy, I tell him I will punch him in the throat if he tries anything.

What Girls Said 0