Why are most girls/women so nasty about my height 171cm or 5'7 1/2" . They are actually rude to me?

Why are most girls/women so nasty about my height 171cm or 5'7 1/2" . They are actually rude to me. I'm a nice guy everyone says that. When it comes to dating they really put me down. I haven't been rude to them yet I'm treated like dirt. I am who I am can't change it I didn't pick being short but girls love to rub it in. Guys accept me girls don't. I'm not nasty to girls with flat chests why are girls so nasty? I use to be confident and didn't really notice my height but over the years the girls always bring it up and put me down for it like I have a disease or something it's hurtful. I thought girls were kind and caring guess I was wrong.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not all girls are like that. If anyone makes fun if your appearance - especially if it is something beyond our control like breast size for girls or height for guys - they are just being mean-spirited and rude. Sure, they may have a tall guy preference, but that's still no excuse to be rude. Personally, I think you're a good height and I'm sure many others would think so too. Don't let a few bitchy girls get you down since not all of us are like that. Just remember that.

• Thank for your kind words. Truth is I'm scared to have children /currently single/ incase I have a son and he's short. I wouldn't want him to go through what I've gone through. Seems like I have just found the rotten apples of the bunch. I hope so.

• Thank you for your comments they are restoring my faith and confidence. It's only words for you but to a guy that's been shattered and feeling down. It really helps heaps. Thank you :)

• You're welcome again. I wish you well. :)

What Girls Said 3

• I think you've just been unfortunate.

I used to tease my best mate sometimes because he's 5ft 6 and I'm 5ft 5. But when I did it was kinda like "we're just midgets together", I used to tease us together.
    (p. s. I don't actually think it's that short I think it's average).

5ft 7 isn't that small, you're on the slightly shorter side, but it's not like girls are kneeling down to give you a kiss (well, not on your lips anyway ;) ) Just keep trying, sounds like girls taking low blows at you.

• Thank you. I hope that I have just met a few bad ones recently. . Some hurtful words " No you're so tiny " "OMG no you're so short " or this time I was at the pools met a girl got talking after awhile "How tall are you? Are you really that short? Stand up " Looks at her friends and they just laugh.

• It sounds like you are socialising with 4 year olds. That's the sort of thing that kids and spotty teenagers say.
      Excuse the pun, rise above it. There is more to life than height. And short people can have their advantages :) A co worker of mine was walking home texting on his phone and then he walked into a cherry blossom branch and was just confettied with blossom. He's 6ft5. There are blessings to being diddy :)

• 5'7 isn't that short, it's kinda a common height on guys to, I know and see many all the time.
    I don't know what freakishly tall girls you must have been meeting that think you're THAT short.

• Over here most of the people are tall girls average height is 5'7" - 5'9" Guys average are 5'11" to 6'2"

• I see, well sometimes, it's the confidence itself that makes a man stand out. I don't know if you stand a certain way because of back problems or what, but seriously, if you seem like you own it, you will.
      I wish I could post this pic, of some dude in a wheelchair who messaged me once. He actually put me off him as a person before anything else, because all his pics where him with girls all round him, loads of girls kissing on him, girls on his lap, girls posing on him. He had tons of girls writing all over his wall, posting pics for him etc.. When he messaged me, unlike other people, the first thing I noticed was his message, there was just a certain confidence in them, then I noticed all the pics lol, I don't like guys like that even as friends so I didn't speak to him lol. I don't know what he does to get so many girls round him, but I really think it's the fact he doesn't give a shit and is super confident in himself as a man, like fuck the chair, he is who he is.

• Or look at dudes with actual dwarfism who get girls, they just do something different.

• Wow... I didn't even know guys your height went through that. I don't think you are short and I'm pretty sure most girls around you (the ones who pick on you) are shorter than you. I'm sorry you have been having such a bad experience with girls but I am 100% sure the problem is: you're just surrounded by assholes. I assure you there are many girls out there with a few more neurons.

• Yes you are right most of them are shorter than me. One was taller and she asked me to stand back to back with her and told all her friends look I'm taller than him. I felt like I was the joke of her and her friends.

• I did eventually distance myself from her. It affected my self confidence though. I would hear her voice in the back on my head. I know it shouldn't but it did. That's why I asked this initial question. Thank you for your comments.

• No problem, I know what it's like. Unfortunately our self confidence is very influenced by the way others treat us. I'm sure you'll eventually meet some nice girls who won't even bother with something as frivolous as height.

What Guys Said 10

• I fall in the same age bracket as you (I'm 28), and my height is 5'7" (170 cms). Can't really help it, its a generation thing. When i was a kid, most adults who were of this height, were considered 'average' or 'normal' height. But today, I come across so many six-footers that I sometimes feel that I'm too short.

If women dismiss you for your 'height' while ignoring so many other positives you may have as a person, then its their loss and not yours. They're aren't worth your time or affection, and you're much better off without suck kind of women.

• Thank you it is nice to talk to and hear the opinion of someone who is in the same situation as I am. Appreciate your comment thank you.

• You're most welcome! :)

• Your height is fairly average for a man.

Girls tend to be most attracted to men about 6 inches taller than they are. That could factor into it.

Consider the girls you're hanging out with, and your attitude toward them.

• I don't know. I'm 5'7 myself, and I've never experienced any sort of negative attitudes towards my height.

• you're not short... btw, are you the same guy that answered in my question about the growth?

• yes it's me

• They are. This is why I'm so short. Yes to I am Dutch to confirm your theory. Than you for your comments and your knowledge of us is good

• lol here in Greece your height would be consindered closer to the average which is 5'9". If i was in Netherlands i'd be short as well i guess. On the other hand if you go to Philippines then you'll be consindered tall since the average male there is only 5'4"

• I see where you're coming from, you look like you hanging around some really tall girls either that or they are just close minded girls who dream of the perfect guy, you need to find a normal girl to date and stop hanging around the kind of people that put you down. Yes your height is average and so many men, I am 175 myself.

• They just seem to be getting taller and taller. I think it's just where I'm from I think. People are tall here not all but most. Thank you for your opinion.

• American womens are small and ugly

• Damn I hope i grow some more you got me scared bro

• under 18 you still have a chance. Try your best to maximize your growth if you can.

• Short guys are the scum of the earth.

• Thanks tall guy how nice of you to say that. You should become friends with those girls I've had encounters with.

• why only guys and not girls?

• At 5'6ish in height, a former friend of mine never, ever, seem to have problems dating women. Some were quite attractive and sexy, if I do say so myself. Which leads me to believe that you are projecting an off-putting personality to women. Or, and you are inviting and enabling women to mistreat you by projecting inferiority and insecurity.

In which case, your height more than likely is a nonfactor in your lack of success with women

• Perhaps that is the case. However I myself was not the one to bring up the issue of height. I was quite comfortable for years with my height. Only after different girls started being rude to me about it this has happened over a 5 -6 year period everytime a different girl would put me down about it myself confidence would drop. So I you could say that insecurity eventually became a factor. Thank your opinion is enlightening hence the reason I asked this question. I appreciate all comments as it gives me better understanding. Thanks again.

• I refuse to believe your sob story. I've never encountered such generic mean-ness towards guys like you. Not when it was undeserved.

Either you're making the whole thing up for some bizarre reason, or you're not telling us the whole story, like how you start off by treating them like shit, and then get all upset when they retaliate and use your insecurity against you.

• It's not a sob story it's true why on earth would I make this up really this is embarssing for me. I don't treat anyone like that. Why are you attacking me? How tall are you , have you been through this do you know me no. It's your opinion yes but I have no reason to lie this is the TRUTH I SWEAR ON MY LIFE! Think what you want mr quick to judge.

• I think you're making it up because it's not short, as even the girls answering this question have pointed out. So not only are you not short, I've never encountered girls being such bitches in real life. It's a common *fear* amongst guys that girls will be bitches, but in practice, I've never seen it happen.

As for my height, I'm 5'8" and I've never had any comment about my height, good or bad, ever.

• It is short where I'm from and I'm not making it up. Why would I what's the point in lying really. You're from a different generation not to sound rude each generation gains 1- 3inches. You can choose not to believe me that's your choice. I know what's real. I must have some really tall friends then as I am by far the shortest of my group. I'm speaking from my experiences no two people are the same. Just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it hasn't happened