How should I deal with my boyfriends mom?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 and a half years. He is going to be 20 in October and i recently turned 18 a couple months ago. Our relationship is pretty good, but his mom has been putting a strain on our relationship very much lately. I used to sleep over his house all the time, and than out of no where she started flipping out when he would ask her saying "He can't do it anymore because he has an 8 year old sister and its wrong" It's not like she hasn't been there the whole time... Lately she hasn't even been letting us go up to his room because I fall asleep sometimes and she calls for me to leave/him take me home or whatever around 10:30. Yup, he's going to be 20 years old and he has an 11 o'clock curfew. Its not like he has to work in the morning or anything he's been unemployed and the new job he just got is night shift. Also, a couple weeks ago we went away to the beach for 3 nights in the next state over and he had to make sure he called her every single night and in the morning and if he didn't she would call my phone. When we came back he got in trouble for "not taking pictures of what we were doing". He mentioned getting an apartment with me and she started screaming and came up with every reason for him not too. She loves to feel needed i guess, he has a 24 year old brother who has a job in another state and she stalks his bank account so she can yell at him for not having a big balance after pay day and she sends him money. I honestly feel like im in a relationship with a 15 year old in high school and i don't know what to do about this anymore. This isn't all she does but its the big parts.

Most Helpful Guy

• Aside from what yadda said which is correct, my mom was the same way with me and my girl. She's just over protective and after some time ideas can fester into more ideas and the whole thing just becomes some bad idea. What's your boyfriend want to do or think about the situation?

• There's not much he can do. I never really tell him i don't like his mom or anything because I try really hard to stay out of his family drama and not cause anything. But he gets really annoyed with it as well, and has actually talked to her about it but nothing ever changes.

• For me personally, I've found a lot of luck shoving have my months earnings down for all the bills (about 550-650$) it buys me freedom but I still get nagged.

• Half* god, I'm bad at this commenting thing.

What Guys Said 3

• He lives in her home, you have to follow her rules. When he wants to move out and pay his own rent, then he can have you over whenever he wants.

• Tell him to grow up. Part of being a man means convincing, or forcing, your mom to let you be a man.

• I think as it's his mother, she holds a right to her views. it's her son after all.

What Girls Said 0