Would you date someone who is Christian (religion)?

Would you date someone who believes and has faith in Christianity

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I have seen people of different religions get married, different cultures, religious and non religious. If I like someone religion isn't a huge deal unless they are sooooooooo religious that it makes me sick

What Girls Said 16

• I currently am dating a non-devout Christian and it's working just fine because I keep my atheism to myself and he keeps his religion to himself. Our relationship started with attraction, then became more because of common interests and a genuine like for each other. Religion and atheism didn't dictate who we are as people. I know who he is and what his thoughts are about things, and he does with me also.

I think this can work if the couple mutually understands this and can agree that each of them have their own beliefs (or if one has no belief) and know that the relationship means more than to get in to debates or argue about this sort of thing, and leave it for each other to enjoy or question on their own. If my boyfriend wanted to approach me with my thoughts on no god, I'll give them, but he hasn't and I don't bring it up. I don't ask about his god and he doesn't tell me about it. We just have this understanding.

If a couple sneaks in jabs toward each other for their faith or lack thereof, then yes, that can become just as nagging and nitpicky compared to someone who is interested in the gym while their partner stays home to watch TV. If they decide any part of their non-compatibility is going to be brought up time and time again, it can be taxing on the relationship. Instead, I say focus on the things that attract you to each other and what you love about the other person. No couple on this earth is going to be identical in thoughts and feelings about things, and though religion is touchy for many people, someone has to be mature enough to want to enter a relationship with someone of differing opinions to accept that their faith is their business and to make the relationship work, they need to keep it that way unless asked.

• Yeaahh! Its so cute when a dude has passion for things like that! They have standards and kindess and respect more than the average and knows the value of life. Sure everyone is like that but coming from the eyes of a christian it just makes sense to be happy, nice and live life with decency and respect... not to mention its super hot when a guy says he hasn't been partying and getting wasted like its nothing because he has respect towards religion

• Most definfitely! because I am a Christian too!

• I would. I'm also Christian, however I would date someone from almost any faith (or lack of), as long as they respect that I have my beliefs also. ^^

• if you're a Christian you read the Bible right I am assuming so because I am also a Christian and it says not to be uneqaully yoked. and its talking about marriage between the saved and unsaved. you may not care but God does care.

• I consider myself a Christian, but I'm moreso a theist. I believe in God, but am a bit skeptical on some parts of the bible. There are good people from all faiths, and I don't think a loving God would condemn a person simply because they were born in a different part of the world. If you were born in the middle east, you'd most likely be muslim. If you were born in Asia, you'd most likely be Buddhist.

• I'll post the same answer I posted to the "Would you date a Muslim?" question about an hour ago and just change "Muslim" to "Christian" and vice versa:

I would date a Christian, but anything further than that (relationship) would be very unlikely. Same goes for a Muslim or any other guy who is religious and serious about it.

• yes i would as long as we respect each other religon and he doesn't make me convert to his and if he doesn't keep talking about his religion.

• Yes, I actually am. Church is where I met my boyfriend :)

• Yea, I am right now.

• no i really disagree with the christian values and such, and if he wasn't really religious, i think it might work, but if he went to church every weekend, and talked about it all the time i wouldn't be able to deal honestly.

• Nope, I would only date within my religion.

• Yeah why not. Religion doesn't matter to me that much as long as he respects my religion and doesn't force me into his religion. :)

• As long as he didn't try converting me into his religion then it's ok. Atheist here but don't mind. What I hate is the overly religious people that says you're going to hell for not believing in god.

• Hell naw. They are so hypocritical!

• Ok I'm Christian and I really don't want people to see me as a hypocrite (I've never noticed myself being hypocritical before) so please explain so I can actually avoid being that way

• @CCovey
      ANYWAYS, to explain,

My family are Christians, they will say one thing that pertains to their religion and then do the exact opposite of what the so fondly believe in.

It irks me to no end! Not saying I am a perfect little princess. But if you're going to put you faith into something, why be that way and disrespect what you "apperently" follow.

Some people want to use religion to make them feel "Holier than thou"

Remember I said SOME, maybe some actually follow what they preach and find deep meanings. But IN MY EXPERIENCE with Christians, I find them so hypocritical.

Not my JUST my family either, my neighbors, and some church goers I have met.

• It really just depends on age and what they were taught. I agree there are quite a few. I have met quite a few hippocrittical witnesses also. I just wanted to say that some of us are honest what we are about. Even if few and far between

• I prefer to date a Christian, since I am one myself <3

• Yes. I like when guys have their own beliefs at hand. To be their own person

• No, because he thinks I will go to hell.

What Guys Said 11

• Call me bigoted, but I detest every aspect of the christian society, and try my damndest to avoid them at all costs. I would never be able to bring myself to willingly date a christian, yet I am forced to be around them and play nice, which infuriates me.

• Yes, as I answered on a similar question
    as long as I find someone a good person
    their religion is irrelevant. ^.~

• yeah I would. I actually tried once already.

• I'm a Christian myself, so I most certainly would.

• Honestly I don't care if people are religious or not that's there choice and you have to respect others choices. Believe what you want to believe if it makes you feel better or live the life you desire then so be it.

• As long as she's a good gurl, than she's alrdy the luv of ma life.

• Why not?
    Just not the REALLY extreme type that'll take me to the doctor to chop off part of my penis cos it stands as a covenant betweeen god an I...

• as Long as they aren't a fanatic!

• As long as they don't preach it to me I'm fine

• Id date anyone from any religion as long as they were a good person

• I would as long as they'll have premarital sex and give blow jobs.