Is it possible to date someone really different from you and it works out?

If you to have different taste in styles, music, hobbies, different types of friends, movies, different race, different culture etc., but you still like each other. Also how would you react to someone so different from you wanting to get to know you or interested in you?

Most Helpful Girl

• I had a neighbor that married a veterinarian that was like night and day to her. She was allergic to animals (he worked with them), she was a republican and he was a democrat, he was a body builder and she hadn't stepped into a gym a day in her life, he loved sports and she hated them, he wanted kids where as she dreaded them... On and on. They were night and day. They got married and have been together for 10 yrs, have two kids, and still both keep to what they love. Everyone wonders how they make it work. They have a big house with both of them living in separate bed rooms-they often say that having those separate beds has been that one thing that really made the relationship work. Why? That's their area of the house where they can keep doing the things they love and have their way where they agreed neither of them could change the other. Sort of a sanctuary to each of them. As long as you allow your SO to still enjoy what they had before a relationship with them in terms of likes and hobbies-then I don't see why it wouldn't work. I wouldn't mind as long as I was granted this.

What Girls Said 5

• To me, there needs to be common interests. My boyfriend and I come from vastly different backgrounds... I'm American and he's European... we have different opinions on religion and politics but we like the same kinds of music, movies, humor, and hobbies. We're very much in love and despite the cultural differences we make it work

• Different personalities but similar interests wins

• there need to be some similiarities

• Could be perfect. The saying goes that opposites attract. It's been proven.

• I'm black and dated the whitest pale, casper the ghost cheesecake white dudes and we always got along well.

What Guys Said 1

• I believe so. There has to be humility and understanding but it can work out. Opens the door for a lot of conversation too.