Can a guy ever escape the friendzone?

I'm friendly with. Girl who was fired up to date when we first met. Things kicked off really fast especially on an emotional level. But we quickly became friends after it fizzled out when a guy done the whole alpha-male routine. And accused me in front of the girl of trying to manipulate her. (Which I would never do). I know she was hurt very badly by her ex. Anyway over time and through mutual friends we reconnected. But there's an emotional break there. She text me a lot when I went away on holiday. But then went cold again. She flirts heavily then acts like I don't exist. I know she enjoys attention when I stop giving it she comes Back, but then implys to others I'm chasing her all the time. What should I do? Is there any tips on escaping the friend zone?

Most Helpful Girl

• If a girl doesn't want you, she doesn't want you. End of story. Guys make up this silly "friendzone" nonsense when really the "Friendzone" is them being stubborn, not accepting reality, and refusing to move on when someone is not interested in them romantically. Move on with your life and stop pining after someone who only sees you as a friend.

• While I accept that logic, why dies she flirt really heavily? Or acted all annoyed when she thought I liked someone else?

• Who cares. She doesn't want you like that. Move on instead of overanalyzing her trying to fish for the tiniest hint that you might be more than a friend when her actions say something totally different. It makes you look desperate.

What Girls Said 5

• Honestly sometimes you just can't get out of the friendzone. It sounds like she just wants attention but dosent really like you like that. Unfortunately I know you don't wanna hear this but she might just be seeking attention if she goes cold really quickly.

• I just wanted to say guys aren't the only ones in the friendzone. Guys are more commonly used as just friends but some girls are as well. They say that girls can always find a guy that will like them, and that guys have the struggle. Well I am here to tell you that even if many of my activities and interests are considered "masculine" ex hunting, fishing, video games, wrestling, etc I am still a girl and only one male has even considered talking to. me, and has placed me in the "friend zone" Escaping the friendzone takes guts. There is only one way. You have to tell her exactly how you feel and have her tell you the same. If she doesn't say she has feelings then it probably won't work.

• So there s this thing... if a girl wants you to be her boyfriend she ll make sure to give you the signs right away. Maybe she s shy and won't tell immediately, but you can notice in the way she talks to you. If she wants you two to be JUST friends, you ll also notice right away, beacause she ll start calling you family affectionate names like brother, bro etc. and if she uses them very often is because she wants you to understand that she doesn't want anything else from you but friendship. So, i would suggest you not to go after her, give her some space. Maybe she ll reflect and understand, she likes you, or maybe it will be the opposite. In any scenario, just try to understand her, i know it s hard, but you can't force somebody to love you. That s just life!! Good luck!

• You have to remove yourself from the friend zone the power is yours. Show her you are interested in more, be very direct or you can stop being friends with her. It's simple

• Maybe she feels nervous around you. Its maybe a fact of she doesn't know if she can trust you that way and simply some days she's really into it and other days she's feeling insecure. honestly i feel like you should get her to tell you straight up where you stand so you can either move on or move forward.

What Guys Said 3

• The only way to escape the friend-zone is to throw a grenade at the situation. Sit her down and say something to the effect of:

"Listen, I want to date you. I've wanted to date you for a long time. I'm tired of feeding your ego and getting nothing in return, so we either go out this Saturday as a date or I'm done."

• Well if she's flirting with you and comes chasing once you don't give her attention, I don't even think you're in the friendzone. If I were you, I play her game and beat her at it.

• Once a girl sees you as a friend it's very difficult for her to see you as anyone else, unless she spends enough time with you that she starts to become attracted, otherwise I would say it's nigh on impossible.

But you can avoid the friend zone by doing two things.

1. Grow a pair of balls and make your interest known straight away. You like a girl? You've spoken to her a few times? Good, now ask her out and if she accepts get her number and take her out.

2. If you do take ages to find your balls and she refers to you as a friend, politely decline her offer of friendship thus immediately removing yourself from the friend zone.

Remember the friend zone only exists because you accept it, acknowledge it and embrace it.

• hah i say the opposite, the more time she spends with you the less likely she will become attracted. after years i realized that the 'smart' thing to do is to go away and let her realize she misses u, and things might change from there

• What you've said in your comment to my response is not too dissimilar to what I have stated in my opinion above.