Can guys and girls be friends?

Can a guy be friends with a girl he finds attractive and not have any thoughts or feelings for the girl? Just curious everyone's opinion.

0|0
1|12

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I have a few female friends and I have thought about them befor but never act on them but rather repress those thoughts since I know the relationship will not work out and I'll lose a good friend. Yes you can be friends, unless you're an immature male/female who can't control themselve

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• I am friends with women I think are attractive, and I am friends with women I think are attractive and that I'm attracted too, too (different thing, right?). Not a problem - we established there wasn't mutual interest, and went on with the friend thing.

I know a lot of people who have more friends of the opposite (appopriate-ly opposite) gender. I suppose sexual attraction - even if it's slight - doesn't hurt in terms of liking someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah totally. I have a few friend girls that are considered super attractive but I don't want any of them. im perfectly content with just being friends and no im not lying either.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah. strangely, I find it easier to be friends I've already some kind of casual hookup relationship with them. Otherwise that's all I can think of - but I'm good enough at hiding it that it still can work even if I never touch her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys and girls can definitely be friends I have 3 good lady friends. I find 2/3 lady friends I have are attractive and I still talk to them and bullshit sometimes. I would say as long as you know or feel they don't like you back in that sense you can get past it rather easily.

0|0
    0|0
  • Once they have dated no they can't

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, we can be friends with women we find attractive. It does pose certain challenges, but we can.

0|0
    0|0
  • It can happen but at a certain point feelings are gonna enter the equation. there's no denying that. Its gonna happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes most of my friends are female

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea... Its a way for me to get to the girl but i still can't even get close to try :/

0|0
    0|0
  • no , they can't be friends.

0|1
    0|1
  • Probably not. Gay men can be friends with straight women

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think so. It's possible to be friends, yes, but a straight man thinks about sex once every 10 seconds or so (so I've heard) so at some point, he's gonna wonder what you look like naked.

0|0
    0|0