If a girl never initiates, does that mean she doesn't have a thing for a guy?

Suppose she replies to a guy's texts in a nice way, but never initiates, does that mean she's making it clear that she is not romantically interested in him?

Most Helpful Girl

• She's either not interested in you or she's playing hard to get. You don't want a girl who doesn't like you and you don't want a girl who will play games with you.

The other possibility is that she is so insecure that she thinks she might annoy you if she initiates a conversation with you.

What Girls Said 7

• If I am Not into anyone, I am just merely 'polite,' and with this----I don't lead him on any further.
    No, I would say, she is Not Into him, for if she was, she would be pushing all kinds of buttons on her end... Or even if she were a bit shy, she would give a little helpful hint that she likes him. xx

• Could be. Or she just doesn't want to seem *too* interested.

• I try not to be too open and easy. You could never know. I saw just keep carrying on talking to her.

• I hate to say it, but yeah. Girls always texts the guys they like and then they get paranoid about how they are annoying them. If she isn't sending anything to you first (text, tweet, Facebook message, SnapChat), she's not interested romantically.

• My advice DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. Take it as if she was interested you would see effort , especially if you have been talking for a while.

• No, that doesn't necessarily mean she's not interested. If she's a shy girl or if she's afraid to get involved (for a number of reasons), she'll act like that. You just need to pay attention at the way she responds when you initiate.
    Now, if she's only shy, she'll act like that for a while but as soon as she gets more comfortable with you and know for sure that you're interested in her, she'll probably feel more comfortable initiating too.
    I am a shy girl so.. this is how I do it. She could be acting like this because of something else though; it's always hard to tell. Good luck!

• I have the same problem with this guy. I'm just taking it as he's not interested.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't know it depends on the circumstances , I have girls that never text me or anything yet I see them at bars or hang outs all the time and there clearly interested and often talk to me then. girls are weird about stuff like this. so I wouldn't say all is lost just cause she doesn't reply to a couple texts but at same time if she's never replying there could be a lack of interest there and you may need to try and figure out why. if its what your sending to her or what your doing when you see her in person

• Not necessarily. It could mean she's not interested IN YOU (specifically), or that she's just not interested IN SEX (in general).

• You would think if she was interested she would at least put in some effort. Don't initiate anymore & if you never hear from her, you got your answer. That's what I do. At least then you know she isn't replying just to be polite & you're not wasting your time..