Success stories about dating online?

So i have joined some dating site and a lot (mostly) older guys have sent me a message. I have never met any of the guys there, mostly because it never reaches the point where we even talked about going on a date. I think i have talked to one guy where we exchanged skype, so we chatted there for maybe 2- weeks. But he was almost 40 and lived in a other city. That is the how far i have ever gone with a guy on a dating site.
What happens most often is that i lose interest or they lose interest, and we stop responding each other, but i don't know how to fix it? Its i seem to fail at meeting guys online and irl...
So have any of you acctually met and gotten a boyfriend/girlfriend out of it? And what o i do wrong? am i really that boring? I feel like i say or do the wrong things that put guys off, but i have no idea what i'm saying or doing... I know that looks are not the main issue, so what could it be?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have been to a wedding where they met online and I know another girl who married off of match.

I have met a number of girls online. Here's the thing. These are personal recommendations others may disagree with.

1. If the guy looks like someone you want to meet... meet him in person. Drop all these endless bs emails. You will not ever get to "know someone" through email. It'll just end up causing you to get a misrepresented idea of the person. Most of these people are socially awkward. So you'll email and "feel close" and spend weeks "getting to know each other." Then you meet and he's the exact opposite as to what you thought he was.

2. Keep the messages short but not too short and that's it. Limit how many messages you go through and just exchange numbers for an in person meet and suggest a quick public area like coffee and actually chat! Coffee's easy because there's an easy escape, it's public, and you can talk.

3. When deciding whether or not to reply, examine the profile from top to bottom. If there's face only photos or you suspect any lies like his age or height, just don't reply. As a female you're getting messages regularly assuming you're not overweight.

What Guys Said 7

• I meet my current girlfriend on a dating website back in march. In my experience it is really up to the girl for the most part if she is interested or not. I messaged a number of women on the site just to try and talk and get a good read on who the women were. About 50% of the time I wouldn't get a message back so I didn't bother because there not interested. About another 30% really gave me nothing to talk about, just yes or no replies and I knew it wasn't going anywhere. The few I did actually get to have a conversation with it all seemed the same. The conversation would go on for about a week or two and then fizzle out. Then I meet the girl I am with now, we talked almost an entire day just back and forth, so I figured she was interested or she wouldn't have wasted so much time. As we got to know each other it seemed like everything we talked about we had in common. Now I don't know about you but talking to someone for a month you have not meet in person can get a little tiring because you start to question how serious the person is, if we would actually be as good together as we think. Well finally we got to meet and it went very very well. I think the most important thing in trying to meet someone you meet online, is to have a plan to meet offline. You can find the perfect match but if you both can't physically set a date and time to be together it won't work, and after a period of waiting even the best matches seem like a tiring effort because you start wondering if it will ever work.

Now I am not saying go out and meet someone immediately after meeting online. Wait it's better because you have more time to get to know the person your talking with, but have a date and time you both agree on to meet. It will help things so much I am telling you.

• You know it's a shame, your generation completely lacks any social skills, painful to watch BUT if you wanna change that... go out to get coffee, see if a guy makes eye contact, if he then smiles, walk up to him and introduce yourself, you might be surprised how easy it's to date!

• It's a lot easier to find people you would be interested in both intellectually and physically when dating online. You could walk up to any random stranger just because they look cute or whatever, but there's no guarantee that you will have any compatibility whatsoever.

• Oh my god, yes, absolutely... listen to this idiot please... because people always tell the truth on dating site, yupp hide behind a computer screen and send a photo shopped picture too... great for someone with zero social skills and personality.

Seriously, get out there and meet people, in reality... not a fucking resume and a picture.

• My experience with dating sites (as a guy) is that even online... girls just wait around for guys to message them. It's pretty rare for a guy to actually receive messages from a girl instead. That being said they usually get their inboxes flooded and ignore most of the guys (potentially good guys) or respond with one word answers etc. I have given up on dating sites altogether but I haven't given up on online dating. I meet girls on sites (like GAG) and interpals is a really really good one. I actually met a girl from another country and I will be getting stationed there in May. We've been talking for 2 months and we Skype every day. Long story short, Online dating sites attract the wrong types of people in my opinion. They attract a bunch of horny guys who are looking for hookups and horny girls who are extremely shallow.

• I found my gf online. It took 3 years of looking and a few bad first dates. Online is not that much easier that offline. You will have to be patient while you're looking for that diamond in the coal mine. You will dig up a lot of coal. A lot of filthy coal before you find your diamond. In the meanwhile do some self improvement. Evolve into your best self while your on the hunt. It helps. Work out more, pick up a new language, get some new fun hobbies or volunteer.

• I think im going to pass out if i work out more then i do now lol but i get what you're saying... i have thought about getting new hobbies, but i really can't come up with a non-expensive and fun hooby to do...

• Take care of a small plant or tree. $5-$20 to start and then its $5-15 per year to take care of it

• If you have a cheap camera or a cell phone camera you can take pictures as a hobbie

• My wife's friend met her current husband online. They have been married for about fifteen years. They have two children.

My coworker met her current husband on an international dating site (yes, she's sort of a mail order bride). They have been married for over ten years. They are both happy.

My friend met his last two girlfriends online. They were happy while it lasted.

You see? It can happen.

• I've tried a few different dating sites and haven't had any success. I did go out with a few different girls I met on there but none of them lasted more than a few months. I only used free sites though. I think the ones that cost a pretty penny are the ones with the most likelihood of success, like eHarmony or if you are a Christian, Christian Mingle. But even still, the area you live in will determine your success also. Living in or near a big city will give you a much better selection. I may try some paid sites for a while, but if nothing works out after 6 months, I'll leave them and go back to solely trying to meet women offline.

• I met my girlfriend of almost eleven months on a dating site. It's honestly a lot easier for women to find men than it is the other way around.

What Girls Said 3

• I met my boyfriend online. Not through a dating site though it was through a game on my phone that had a social aspect to it lol (nerdy I know). I had been on dating sites before but never met anyone just talked to a couple guys but never actually met in person, it never seemed to work out when we would try to meet. It's difficult to cultivate a relationship online because you don't have that eye contact and the body language to go off of... You really kind of have to build up an online friendship first before you can get to the dating flirty part in my opinion...

• Take some time to get to know each other first then meet up if both of you are interested and are a good match for one another. My fiancee and I met on a dating site and we hit it off pretty well but that was only because we put the time and effort into getting to know each other and meeting up. But you also have to know which ones are worth it and which ones aren't worth the time and effort.

• Unfortunately, I have only met the wrong guys online. They prove wrong from first or second date.

Extremely bold , extremely shy, the one after my wallet, the married one, the unattractive guy who tries to polish up his pictures, etc.

But you can meet all those types in real life. I have met someone for a couple of dates and I still regret giving him my time.

Some people get married through online dating.

I don'think there is a big difference, but if you meet someone in real life you have the chance to exchange looks or flirt before even knowing each other. This can be fun.

No, you are not boring. Online dating can be boring if you and the guy don't make an effort to meet in real life quickly.

Maybe don't take it too seriously until you meet a guy who sounds worthdating and you meet in real life.