How do I approach a shy guy without scaring him away? Guys or girls?

So there's this guy who I am in deep like with. We've yet to talk, so I'm sure some of you, or most of you will ask how can you like someone you haven't spoke to yet? I just can, to be honest. He's everything I like and want in a potential boyfriend, that I can say in a physical way: tall, well-built, big brown eyes, brown hair, etc. I just don't know who he is as an individual, and I really want to. I'm not sure how to approach him because he's not social, he's almost always alone, or looking down when I see him when walking to class. I really want to know him, so how do I approach a really shy, quiet guy without scaring him away?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hi, i am quite shy and personally I would be a lot less nervous around a girl if we were doing or talking about something I enjoy. Try to see what things he likes to do or talk about and join in, even if you don't know what it is just ask some questions. Don't be too 'in his face' :) Hope this helps

• Thanks! This actually does help. :)

What Guys Said 3

• you won't scare him away unless he finds you unattractive and creepy or annoying. otherwise just go talk to him or ask him something stupid like can i borrow a pen or paper, and then introduce yourselves and stuff

• Stammer your a way through an awkward contrived conversation you've borderline set up.

• very glad to hear about a girl wanting to approach a guy for once!

• How would you want to be approached?

• Okay, but do you consider yourself a shy guy or outgoing guy? Because obviously if you're outgoing what you'd like to hear when being approached is expected, but it might be different than what a shy guy might want to hear. (Hope that makes sense.)

• im shy

What Girls Said 1

• I don't see a shy guy being scared by anything you do to show you like him. If anything he will be grateful he didn't have to make the move.

• You think? I just don't want to freak him out if I were to sit with him at lunch or something. (He eats by himself._

• Trust, he will be on the moon if you do that :)

• Okay, maybe I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Thanks!