Why do (some) women behave in this way?

I am dating a Ukrainian girl currently and she's a great girl, but why do so many other girls get so nosey about it? They say "Oh she wants you for money or citizenship". I never got this type of flak with other women. Any insight?
*side note* she is studying here and doesn't come from a poor country so it doesn't even make sense.

Most Helpful Girl

• Stereotyping. We, Eastern European folks, seem to be known in the West for mailorder brides and marrying people for citizenship. Don't worry though, these cases are peripherial now - most girls from this area did that to escape the Soviet Union, which, as we know, is no more. And if she actually studies, that's all the more reason to trust her. Your average run-of-the-mill Ukrainian gold digger who's only out for citizenship and money wouldn't bother studying, let alone in a strange country. She'd just find a dumb, rich, old, desperate guy, it'd be easier.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't know :) How long do you know her? Maybe those "other girls" know your Ukrainian girl better than you? if not, then maybe they are insecure... or maybe they are giving you either positive or negative advice... depends on how you view it... follow your instinct.. :)

• well, people are shallow, once she wants to get money or citizenship from you , you will figure it out yourself, just do what makes you happy, and once these things happen you will know what to do by that time, enjoy your life day by day, you will only live once, must try everything you can

• Yea I dont get it either. I usually dont hear people say crap like that. Im more used to the "Uh-Oh! You on that Foreign! Lol Go head then"

• They are jealous of her.

• People stereotype

What Guys Said 0