Long distance dating?

I recently just moved from Brownsville, Texas. that's were my boyfriend Austin lives and we haven't seen each other since last may when I was moving. he gave me a little locket that had his pic in it and next to it , it said we will be together even if we are 300,0000 miles away from each other. Should I keep it with long distance or break up because I don't think we can see each other until this fall break or spring break. I really miss him and want to give him hugs and kisses. Any advice.

• Break up
  • long distance, video call, phone, text

What Guys Said 1

• Long distance relationships are about effort, like all other relationships, however due to not being able to go out and do stuff together you have to make a bigger effort to see and talk to each other. Now the issue here is that with long distance relationships you are going to have to deal with a lot of long lonely nights, and sometimes the only way you can get comfort from your s/o is to use Skype or the phone. Its not idea, but it can work. The issue here is if you are feeling that this isn't going to work, and you have convinced yourself this isn't going to work then it wont. If you want this to work then the two of you need to come up with a plan in order to keep up with one another. Seeing each other over Skype or facetime or whatever is a good way to mitigate the whole not seeing each other in person. Its not a perfect solution but its what you have. Also you could plan to find a holiday to see each other over. Like this weekend, its a long weekend why can't you two get together? Also Christmas and Thanksgiving. Why would you have to wait til next year?

What Girls Said 1

• Give Long distance a try first before you break things off