Girls, honestly how would you feel if?

A guy you were talking to said "Hey im really sorry but i found a new girl i wish to pursue"

then a couple days later he came back and said "turns out we didn't work out and she randomly stopped talking to me"

what would you think? how would you feel? would you take him back?

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol well to avoid embarrassment, I'd hit him with that "OMG you too? Im so glad you said something first, I wasn't sure we were on the same page." That way He'd be the one standing there all starry-eyed thinking that i wanted to pursue someone as well. But of course I'd really be goin home angry af! Than if he came back thinking we could take this thing for a second ride around, I'd probably hit em in the wrong spot. I know i know, thats not cool. But aye, for once it should be excusable. Cause he deserves it. Lol hopefully this guy isn't you. If so, sorry for hitting you in the dingdong in the future lmao :)

What Girls Said 12

• Not taking him back AT ALL. Once you're out of my life you are out!
    If he thought he could do better than me but then he gets shut down by the girl that doesn't mean he doesn't think he can't do better than me.
    I won't take it personal though. Sometimes shit happens, people stop liking the other person. But I won't be second choice for anyone either.

• What if he stayed your friend, then 2 days later said "hey me and that girl. didn't work out" would. you take. him. back?

• Lol that doesn't happen. Being friends with your ex is just looking for an excuse to get back together meaning you're never really over or it means that you were never THAT into each other

• I voted yes because if you were talking to her just as a "get to know you" sort of thing /and/ you stayed friends even after you said you were uninterested, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Now if you left me high and dry but suddenly reappeared again? Tough luck son.

• Well it is a get to know you things but the "getting. to know. part" is strictly for romantic reasons

• Well yeah, you gotta start somewhere.

• Nope, he lost his chance. I'm no one's plan B and certainly no one's safety net. I'm not asking for full frontal commitment up front, but if a guy felt enough of a connection with another girl to leave me, then what we had wasn't strong enough. I'm not interested in settling for less.

• Here's the situation. Me and this girl talked about dating eachother. A week later I met a new girl and we just had a better connection. I txted the first girl "hey sorry but im talking to someone and we can be friends" how would you feel if I said 2 days later "ok me and her didn't work out"

• Here some more background on what happened:

girl # 2 (the one i met later), i told her openly that i was talking to girl # 1 for a couple weeks now. # 2 wasn't mad, she just said "if you wanna get to know me and wanna date me, you have to commit to me. you can be friends with # 1, but you have to tell her you're talking to someone else"

what if the guy told you that background info?

• It still doesn't change the fact that you chose girl #2 over girl#1. Even girl#2 wanted you to make a choice between them, and you made your choice. If I were girl#1, I would be fine being friends with you, but there would be no romantic overtures involved anymore. You're only going back to girl#1 because the second one didn't work out, so girl#1 is being treated as your backup option. No one likes to be a backup option.

• No. He can pursue whoever he wants. Not me. I do not serve as a guinea pig.

• Girl 2 wants a relationship with you. But you don't want to give up girl 1either. Well like it or do not like it. You have to choose. If I were girl 1, you said to me, I would cut the contact with you.

• I'd be like wtf and get far away from you.

• Hell no? I don't want to be someone's "ehh she's the only one I could get"

• I would NOT take him back, knowing that he`s just leave me again if he found someone new.

• I'm not a back up or second option.
    If he stopped talking to me for a few days and said he was busy, I'd still be a bit sceptical, so definitely not.

• Read my comment to other people's posts on the background info and tell me what you think

• no I want to be your number not someone you would just say well she's ok and I want a girlfriend soo.. no thats an ass move I don't want to be a runner up girlfriend

• Nope I wouldn't take him him. I'm not a thing kept free for him to use if his relationship doesn't work out. I'll tell him a straight NO on his face.

• put yourself in the girls situation. i'm surprised that your actually asking this haha

• Nobody likes to be a back-up plan which is basically what you are doing to her if you told her that the other girl didn't work out the way you planned. Seriously don't say that to her it will just take any small chance you had of getting her back and make that chance non-existent. Just wait awhile and then instead of mentioning this other girl just start over and ask her for a second chance... But, don't get your hopes up since she already knows that you had started to like someone else

What Guys Said 3

• Nothing positive

• If so, she's a dope... lol..

• Never. That's just a nice "hey, you can come be my backup plan now" slap in the face. The only way I would think to respond to that is "Go fuck yourself."