How to help a girl hurt in the past? Girls Opinions/Comments?

She opened up to me about her past and was scared that the two of us might reach a point where she was uncomfortable. What can I do in the meantime if I'm willing to giver her some time that will help build her trust and our bond with one another? Like ways that won't pressure her into any decision, but not like being frieendzoned. Like what little things could I do that would show her I care in the meantime and would help her out? I'm letting her initiate the next time we hang out.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just show her that you'll always be there for her. There to comfort her through her hard times. And show her that you wouldn't ever hurt her intentionally. That's really all you can do... I'm talking from experience. Eventually you guys will get really close :)

What Girls Said 1

• I think the best way to earn someones trust is to jus never do whatever was done to them before. Like my ex cheated on me. Well if y'all get together, never cheat on her. BINGO lol!!

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe non-pressure dates? Like, it's to spend time together, to get to know each other, and enjoy each other's company (hopefully), but it's not expected that it progresses anywhere she's uncomfortable with, or to any physical level that she is not okay and totally comfortable with?

Or is that exactly what she fears? If even that is too much for her, then maybe there's not much else to do, other than be a friend, be there, and wait; Support her when she needs it. Maybe, if you can show her that she can trust you, by being trustworthy, your support may help her deal with things in her own head, even unconsciously?

... I also feel like it would be remiss not to also say: Don't expect anything. Now, don't throw it away immediately because the future is not certain, just don't cling to the idea that you have now. Appreciate the relationship for what it is, whatever it is, no matter how or where it goes. Just be aware, and be okay, if it's not what you thought it might be, what you wanted it to be.