Topics to talk about with your Boyfriend?

I just wanted to know topics to talk about with your boyfriend over text. We have been dating for quite a while now and when we text, it always seems to be the same thing: , what are you doing, what have you been up to today, and how are you? (btw we are in the same classes at school) I just wanted to know different topics to talk about, any topic ideas would be a massive big help to me!!

thank you! x

any more suggestions?

Most Helpful Guy

• talk about subjects that may come up in the relationship like what he considers cheating and what you consider cheating. Start setting boundary that you both agree on it may seem unimportant now, but later on it could be a thing. Talk about hobby's and things that interest both you and him. Discus flirting and when it has reached the level of to much. both of you flirt i'm sure he dose i'm sure you may a little bit yourself talk about it. talk about things that matter your family for example and home life, or your future aspirations things you may want to go do or see. some movies you think are interesting and movies you and him may want to see together. There are endless amounts of things just start thinking out side of the box because right now it seems that the box is getting kind of boring ain't it.

What Guys Said 4

• If you can't talk to your bf without asking other people what to talk about then it's probably time to break up.

• Why have you been talking to my boyfriend =(? No but on the real, talk about anything and everything. Things you don't relate to, things you do, debatable or sensitive topics, food, drinks, movies, hobbies, so much to learn from another person and so much to teach.

• sounds like you two need to setup more hangouts.
    well if you really want something to talk about you can always start... sigh... gossiping about certain people lol
    Start an intelligence network or something.
    Talk about movies , maybe if so inclined a book you've read and how it changed you and why you recommend it or... not recommend it.
    Share the spices of life.

• Find something else to do?

What Girls Said 2

• I remember when I used to have this issue, it made me doubt my relationship because I felt if we really were compatible then we would never get bored with each other. The silence and inability to come up with something to say was painful :/ And I realize it was because he was private when it came to me, and didn't want to share his personal business or thoughts... it ruined our relationship.
    You're both in a rut, how open are you guys with each other? Do you gossip with each other? Because I feel like the only things that keeps my relationship with my best friend strong is that there is always gossip, something that has happened to her or someone she knows, to start a conversation rolling, and from there we share with each other things/topics that have come up that day that have caused us to think about them and we share our thoughts and opinion. Like today I told her how I was affected by a news story I saw about a 13yr old who was sending nude picture of herself to an 18yr old guy, and that just snowballed into a one hour conversation on our opinions on how social media is affecting youth, and how we were raised and how we want to raise our children.
    I hope I didn't ramble to much but I hope you understand what I'm getting at. There is always something everyday that will cause you to really think and develop an opinion, so don't be afraid to share that with him and you might actually learn a lot more from him when you start asking him his opinion on the things you think about :)

• Thank you so so much!! I'm so glad there is someone out there that can relate to what I am going through right now:) Thank you once again:) x

• I'm so glad I was able to help!!! :) good luck!!!

• If you need pre thought of topics to chat with your boyfriend, you may not be compatible? Seems strange to run out of things to talk about.