Is it somthing you should fight for or is it time to let it go?

So, it's my first time dealing with such a serious relationship on top of the fact that I never stay with a guy this long. We hit a year next Tuesday.

I understand that the butterflies leave and that everything is not as exciting as it is supposed to be. Yet my levels of excitement have dropped exceedingly far. It depends when you ask me if I think this man is a high candidate for marriage partner or not.

Is this normal for being in a commited relationship the first time.

I would like to add that 8 months ago I moved out of my parents house for the first time. Went from a community college to a university. Went from a town I had lived in for 16 years to one an hour away and that I had only been to one before. I've changed majors and have experienced many things for the first time.

We spent the first 4 months of our relationship together but the other 8 living an hour apart with every other weekend together.

I feel fine when we are together but when we are apart for awhile I get to thinking.

Is this a common thing for long distance relationships. One of my friends says that being in a commited relationship means falling in and out of love continuously with the individual.

I am truly an indecisive individual, I change what I'm even eating for dinner like four times. Depending when you talk to me depends on how I feel about my family members as well, even if we are getting along fantastic.

Does this seem like just the woes of long distance or is it time to cut ties. I know it's my choice in the end. But the input of individuals who are not to close to the situation is highly appreciated.

What Guys Said 1

• "I feel fine when we are together but when we are apart for awhile I get to thinking. Is this a common thing for long distance relationships."

Yes it is, long distance relationships DO NOT work. Now you're out on your own, your experiencing new things, meeting new people and so on. It's very possible you're just growing apart. It has nothing to do with commitment.

As bad as it sounds, stop the relationship now for both your sakes. Just be honest and tell him.

What Girls Said 0