Do u like old fashioned romance?

I read my parents hand made love letters they used to send each other n it was cute. Do u like old fashioned romance? Like sending love letters, knight in horses, hero saving damsel in distress, writing poems, slow romantic dance, glory of first love n kiss n happily ever after routine?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hell yes. That's why my profile says old fashioned lol. I remember driving off in the middle of the night with a special someone and just getting away from everyone. I used to write poems and letters, but its been awhile since I've settled. Closest thing has been a card I bought out of the blue at 1am and just started writing my feels.

• Wowowoowowowo i guess all guys should b like u;);)

• that is so incredibly sweet

• Thanks for the most helpful. Rewarded for being genuine!

What Guys Said 18

• Yeah, I do. I'm not gonna lie, I'm kind of a sucker for romance and love.

When I'm with someone I just really cherish doing the little (and big) things for her. Acting as a gentleman and opening her doors, pulling out her chair, offering my coat when we're cold, making her feel safe and protected by me at all times, writing her letters and quick little notes, long hugs and cuddling.

If I'm REALLY in love then I would enjoy writing something special for her; maybe an occasional poem, which she could either be the subject of or serve as my inspiration for.

I just love giving love to my partner, and I think it's something we should all allow ourselves the freedom of vulnerability to practice more.

• Yep n if its from both d sides its more cherished;)

• I like appreciation. How she decides to show it, I would find some pleasure from it. That being said, I'm not an old fashioned romantic. Not really even a romantic. More like a dark knight :)

• A women cooking homemade food is romantic n old fashion n guys still love it:):):)

• I like old fashioned to a degree, but more of a Han Solo Princess Lea type thing. In that the damsel in distress can use a laser blaster and sword.

But roses, love letters and such yes.

• Thank gd u guys dont think v r damsels in, distress. Pls imagine us as experts in karate lols... Roses r all time fav:):)

• True love is forever, and nothing makes it better than roses, wine and a blanket on the beach at sunset.

Remember this:
      Buildings Burn
      People Die
      But true love is forever.

• I have memorised those lines:) now u remember this... Rose is red,
      . sky is blue
      . if love is true...
      . chances r few
      . nvr let them go
      . out of bblue;););)

• Hmm I like modern romance purely because I'm not a fan of traditional relationship dynamics.. I do enjoy romance occasionally and can be romantic.

• Hav u ever fallen in love? I mean true love. Not crushes... Day day u would love reading these old fashion romance novels ;);)

• Welcome to b part of old fashioned romance:):):) daydreamin, is part of romance

• modern romance is the best :)

• I like real romance such as holding hands, kissing, hugs, cuddling
    but i like to give a girl cards telling her how much i love her, i think
    little things mean a lot , nothing better to me than holding a girl
    close to my chest , yea i like poems to put in cards, i like to give
    a girl candy hearts, roses , flowers i like to express my love.

• Man... Can u teach all this to my bf lols?

• My pleasure:) tnxs for answering

• You're Welcome:) XD

• I adore real/true romance, that does sort
    of include the old-fashioned things..

But cheesy things such as stuff that's already been done
    are not really romantic in my eyes, they're quite
    impersonal as well. ^.~

• Some old things r silly like crying n missing someone... Not fit in this era where u can call someone or video chat if he or she is far away

• I will do my best, as always. ^.^

• N i trust u to make gals weak on knees lols:)

• I think that it is so romanic because it tell your crush that you love her so much that you are writing a letter/poem for them... I would do it even now and write a poem then put it in an envolope on her doorstep with rose pettels all around... That is romantic OLF fashion way with a hint of moddern

• Best way to go, but the straight path is often the most lonely. Problem is as a guy if you go that route, the lady usually will totally fall for you in a "your so sweet" kinda way but still get xxx on with some other guy. If your a girl who thinks that way you will probably meet 50 bums who dump for not quickly giving it up before you meet and like 1 guy like that.

• Have old fashion romance with ur love and nit random crush. Love means person whom u r in serious relationship with n who won't dump u:) crushes come n go but that special person stay in ur life so time to gv them some sweet romance:):)

• NOOOOOOO IT'S S-C-A-R-Y

• even then i'd not do such ridiculous things

• My personal experience plus experience of my best buddies say that... :)

• I love old fashioned romance! I like being chivalrous too!
    Somehow online I'm really blunt and forward and aggressive, but in person I tone it down A LOT and like to take things slow. Let that love slowly build itself up.

• Nope i have experienced a sudden quick whirlwind with my fiance lols. Slow, or fast doesn't matter. All that matters is chemistry ;););)

• I love old fashioned romance. It's unfortunate that it's so uncommon in this day and age.

• Yep i listen to my parents stories n wish i was in that era

• Complicated issue.
    See here's the thing. I like the old romantic stuff.
    But women today want equality so... doing that is portrayed as being "benevolently sexist" ( which sucks ). So i guess i am a proponent of modern style love.

Traditional love is dead.

• Nope tell that lady that u r doing it as u love showing her how much u care. If she is assured that u r not taking her as inferior, she would gradually enjy it. V gals r sucker for old fashioned romance:):):)

• There r many fishes in pond ( means there r many gals around so date someone else)

• You know how it is... letting go is hard.

• yep love it cuz it's cute
    but not the knight in horses though that just sounds douchy
    but now a day it's probably impossible for these though
    people be like 'why hasn't she/he reply my letter' and they give up, then the letter came next day lol

• I asked d same, ques to my dad but he said that its fun to wait for letter n anticipate what must b written in it:)

• oic, sure would like to experience something like that
      :D

• Hope u get such pleasant experiences soon

• Yes. Very much. I get called lame or corny but idgaf.

• i do, old fashioned relationships are not like today's. they're more bounded and intimate.
    man makes everything for his woman, vice versa.

• Yep there is equal understding n willingless to ignore bad things abut each other. Relationships r givn chance than simply breaking up

• Well relationships r more imp than faults:)

• Absolutely!!

• Yea, even though I suck at poetry.

• Try writing love letters;););) i once wrote a poetry n my bf corrected grammatical errors with red pen lols

• That must've felt good *sarcasm*

• Nope i took revenge by pointing out grammatical errors in love letter he wrote lols... Thankfully he took it as a joke n v promised each other to tolerate each others poems lols:) hey old fashion romance is all about cooperation right?

• No because its not reality and its the reason why the dating game is screwed.

• I love that romance, it does however go directly against much of what feminism tries to teach people. By what I have noticed, women are more likely to be offended by romance, than to appreciate romance. It is as if they think being treated like a lady, is equivalent to me calling them weak or something.

• Well tell ur lady that u r just showing ur appreciation to her n love her n she isn't weak.. She would realise u lov to treat her special like old romance n would not mind;):):)

What Girls Said 14

• I'm too realistic to believe in a fairtyale type of love... I like romance but nothing too over the top. Handwritten love letters is really beautiful for me though.

• Yes :) I want the little letters, notes, shy looks, flowers, excitement of first kiss, patiently waiting, our song thing, waiting for the asking out, chivalry acts, opening my door, having his jacket because I am cold... Call me old fashioned:) But they warm my heart and I want all :)

• Yes!! Was it more romantic than your boyfriend sending you a love letter or poem about how he really feels? Certainly because most guys I know aren't really open with their feelings, this love letter thing is great! Who doesn't love a happy ending with the main male lead and the main female lead kissing. So cute ='-'=

• Eww no. I'm not a gushy person and I'm not into this lovey dicey stuff. I can be romantic but not in an old fashioned way

• its kind of cute actually

• I don't understand how any woman of the 21st century can be attracted to the concept of her in the role of 'damsel in distress'; its degrading and suggests she cannot possibly cope without a man. Im not a fan.

• Yeah that is soooo romantic and cute

• My bf writes me love letters and poems. I write him letters to. A poem here and there, because he does it for me. I'm better at letters though. He opens my door always and he doesn't let me walk on the side of the pavement closest to the street.

• to a degree, yes. But it still has to stick to reality.

• yes... too bad it doesn't exist

• It does provided u follow it n insist ur partner to do d same

• yes i love it ♡ i daydream all the time ♡

• O yes i do!! A real sucker for a for a man that opens the door or buys me flowers for no reason.

• yes very much :)

• I'm so easily swayed by old school romance. Don't even need the poetry and extraness. Just the genuine sweetness is what's missing in the world.

• Try askin ur bf to write u love letters.. Handmade not typed...

• U b genuine n ur partner would b forced to b genuine lols

• yeah, that's what i thought too.