Should I wait or should I drop the idea of dating this girl?

So I was dating a girl for about a month. She then tells me that her ex-boyfriend called her about some of his things she still had. She said that she has no intentions to get back with him but that it made her realize she was not ready to be in a relationship yet as she had recently gotten out of one. At this point I asked her if she wanted to stop talking to me and she said no but that she wanted to take it slow, she even went as far as telling me that she told her friend that she wanted to keep talking to me. I was fine with this but about a week later she tells me that she has thought about it and she does not want the pressure of me waiting for her to be ready. Normally I would just say she is not into me but I asked her to tell me that we did not have a connection and she asked me if that’s what I wanted her to say. I told her that I only wanted her to say that if that is how she felt. She was very quiet but she never told me there was no connection... I feel like I gave her an easy out if she really is not into me to just tell me. So a month passed by and I decided that I would rather be friends with her than nothing at all. We go hiking the other day and it felt like she kept coming up with reasons for me to stay longer, she asked me to look at a place she may rent for my opinion then wanted to get lunch then asked me to stay for dinner at her place. To clarify this was not just me and her having dinner she had some other friends and family there. But as I was getting ready to leave (she had to take her friends home) she asked me to come with her to drop them off. Then after that she wanted to watch a movie with me. After all of that when I do go home I get a text saying that she really enjoyed spending time with me. I really like this girl and if there is a chance that something could happen I dont mind giving her space and waiting. On the other hand I do not want to stay hung up on her and she just sees me as a friend. What should I do?

• Stick around and see what happens.
  • Give up and Just be friends.

Most Helpful Guy

• Everything you did together could be classified as friends activities, so take her interest with a grain of salt. I would play along for now, but keep my eyes open for other women and move on if something else comes along.

• This is sort of what I am doing. I have been on a few dates since then. The problem is I feel like these dates I may go on may not live up to their full potential if I have her in the back of my mind you know?

What Girls Said 4

• This girl is taking you along for the ride. If you're going to be friends be strictly platonic, and find someone else. She's still hung up on her ex. If she had to choose (and she did) between the two of you, it would be him. Don't wait for her, you'll look like the fool.

• Maybe you could tell her you would like to keep your relationship on 'just friends', until she makes up her mind. Tell her to contact you once she has.

• Dude, I think she likes you. You gave her time and I bet she likes you even more for that! Taking it slow seems to me like you guys are already doing that. 😉

• So here is the issue if she is into me. I told her I would not keep trying to go after her so do I just have to wait until she makes a move or when do I go back on that word to ask her how she feels?

• give up and be friends

What Guys Said 1

• Let her go and move on. If she's truly interested in you, she will seek you out. If not, she was just leading you along for her own confidence.