I'm 15 and dating a 17 year old, dating after 18?

I live in wi where age of consent is 18. I know that you cannot have sexual contact with a person over 18 even with consent. And if you did it would be considered rape. But someone recently told me that you can't hold hands or kiss. Is this true. You can date. I don't feel like that would be fair at all. Could someone clear this up for me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would need to know the state to get a better understanding of the particular laws, everywhere is a little different. But as a generalization, sex with someone under age of consent is illegal, whether they want it or not. Dating should be fine. Holding hands should be fine. Kissing, probably. Sexual touching though, like groping or feeling up, that could fall into sexual contact and pose big problems.

Something you'll want to keep in mind too is that yes, someone has to report it for it to be an issue, but all it takes is a falling out with a friend, or someone in school wanting to be an ass, and they could report it, even if they weren't around when it happened. It's a murky field, you'll want to be careful. But I would be pretty sure that you'll still be able to hold hands and hang out.

What Guys Said 6

• No that's not true, only sexual intercourse is considered illegal. If he is worth it he will wait. :)

• do you live in Texas? its okay if you live in Texas so long as you both were in a relationship when you were both minors.

• if you're going to have sex when he's 18, do it in a place where you will not be caught by your parents. His parents will not sell him out to be a registered sex offender.

• You can do anything,,,,, donot share with others,,, if u like it its ok,,,,

• It's sketchy if your parents are the kind to care. Otherwise it should be fine since someone would have to report it for the cops to know.

• Where do you live? In the 19th century?

What Girls Said 0