Do you think romantic comedy movies and/or Disney movies have given single women unrealistic expectations for "finding someone"?

Or does it just seem like it?

0|0
5|0

Most Helpful Girl

• A bit, but most women don't expect Prince Charming like people think we do. In fact, I think it's done more for the opposite. In a lot of these movies (particularly rom coms), the guy messes up at some point, he says sorry, she takes him back, and they live happily ever after. In this way, I actually think it's caused women to expect a man to mess up in a lot of ways, and be too forgiving when their man screws up again and again. Case in point the women with the abusive douchebag who keeps cheating on her but she thinks he's "going to change."

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• it does. i've been a proper disney kid since day one, so much so that i want to work for them eventually. but as far as the disney princess movies and romantic comedies of the world go, yes they are unrealistic, but i'm sure most people know. i mean, i would love to have some sort of love like theirs but i've learned over time that love isn't real, so i've stopped looking for it, asking for it. it's almost gotten so bad that i've stopped wanting it. but that doesn't keep me from indulging in the movies every once in a while. at least they have happy endings.

0|0
    0|0
  • imo, no. no ione believes in that crap.

do you think its given men unrealistic expectations about finding someone. men watch those movies too.

why do you say it just seems like it? based on what exactly?

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe a bit. but after all It's the girls wanting to have their own fairytale that obviously only happens in movies.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it does that's why guys usually hate watching this type of movies because comparison is inevitable girls say why can't you be like that or why don't you it like he does etc. But at the end of the day reality will sink in the, perfect man only exist in movies. so get the next best thing be with someone who will give you reality ever after.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

No guys shared opinions.