Can someone be shallow and unattractive?

Cause I think I am I just was curious cause either your one or the other

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course someone can be both, but it depends on how you look at things. Since we all have different ideas as to what constitutes being unattractive or even shallow, we may call one person both things, or just one, or even none. The whole concept is subject to a lot of interpretation so a fixed idea would be really hard to pin down.

What Girls Said 7

• hmm for sure, just like someone can be 'deep' and attractive

• of course. you don't have to be beautiful or hot in order to be judgmental.

• Yes yes a million times YES!!! An unattractive person can be very shallow, conceited even! Most of the most conceited and snide women I know are less than appealing to the eye. And their attitude doesn't do them any justice either.

• Yes boo boo. I've seen ugly men with high standards boo and they r super unattractive boo boo so they come to me lyk i will give them time of the day boo boo

• Yes because i do that

• Yeah been semm unacttractive guys treating girls bad

• Do I fit the description minus the treating girls bad

• Lol I don't know You say your shallow? You treat everyone bad probably

• I say I'm shallow and ugly because I only look at hot girls or wanna be with hot girls nothing is based off personality

• Shallow is unattractive. It's and automatic D-bag no go for a girl. Looks are the bite personalities the catch, so if someone has a shit personality (shallow counts) goes right back in and is no longer interesting ( or attractive I may add) and if the shallow person is starting off unattractive.. well then bless your soul..

What Guys Said 3

• Oh yes. Very possible. I know this overweight unhygienic guy I used to work with who got into online dating and he was talking on the phone with one woman and when he came into work the next day he was telling me how he was worried she is fat because she kept saying she was hungry on the phone. All I could think was "look in the mirror..."

• I'm unattractive but not shallow. However, I have known people either classmates when I was younger or coworkers on the job who will rip on a beautiful girl just because she isn't blonde, has a flat chest, or has a small muffin top, but isn't bloated. I don't know what their problem is but they fixate on a small detail that doesn't come close to detracting from their beauty, but they will call them ugly even though these guys the hideous bunch of chuds ever. I ain't much to look at but a pretty girl is a pretty girl, my standards aren't low, but they aren't so high that a girl must only be a victoria's secret model to get my attention.

• Insecure people are often extremely critical and judgmental of the appearances of others. It's how they elevate themselves.

• True which is why a good personality is also key, not just physical attraction. It's important to like the person you're with not just think they're cute.

• Everyone cares about looks. Your problem (and that of so many men) is that you have unrealistic expectations because you're out of touch with women. If you actually approached some, knew some, got along with some, liked some, you'd realize that true lasting attractiveness really does mostly come from personality; as unlikely as that sounds.

I say stop watching p*rn, stop idealizing women who fit specific standards of beauty, get out there and actually treat girls as people you care to know and your 'shallowness' will quickly dissipate.